A lot of people still seem to be miffed over the idea that Terry Crews didn’t get added to Overwatch as Doomfist. We’re not entirely sure why this is a sticking point with so many, it isn’t like the current voice actor (Sahr Ngaujah) is bad or anything, but when people have celebrity crushes for things of this nature, it can be hard to convince them otherwise. However, the Overwatch team have a good reason why they went with Ngaujah, as Blizzard Senior Designer Michael Chu revealed in an interview with Gamespot.
“We love Terry. Terry’s awesome. He came and visited us. We had a great time. But when we were looking for Doomfist, we were looking for something very specific given his role in the game and everything. When we were early in the audition process, we heard Sahr, who’s the actor who plays Doomfist, and he just blew us away immediately. Once we heard his voice, it was like, ‘Holy crap. That’s Doomfist.’”
So there you have it. Just because you have a personal fan-favorite that you’d like to see in a role doesn’t mean that person is the best choice. Sometimes, the game designers do have a plan and know what they want.
- Big News For 'Overwatch' As "Deathmatch" Will Be Added
- Blizzard Has More IP's On The Way, But They're Still Years Away
- 'Overwatch' Finally Announces The Return Of Summer Games
- Could This Be The Newest 'Overwatch' Hero?
- Zarya And Sombra Will Receive Their Own 'Overwatch' Comics
- 'Overwatch' Game Of The Year Edition Hit Shelves Next Week
- Check Out Our SDCC 'Overwatch' Cosplay Gallery
- Blizzard Finally Announce When Doomfist Will Join 'Overwatch'
- Someone Made Real Sentai Genji Armor From 'Overwatch'!