One of the fun new characters introduced in the second season of the Fox series Lucifer was Ella Lopez, the quirky and cheerful CSI tech played by Aimee Garcia. The characters interactions with Lucifer were some of the endearing highlights of a very good sophomore run. Garcia, a self-proclaimed nerd and regular attendee of Comic-Con, sat down with a group of reporters including our Kaitlyn Booth, who were all working on little sleep and little food — just as the actor was.
Her character was something different for the series, she was someone firmly grounded in both science and religion…and then she was working with the devil on a regular basis. Garcia sees Lopez as a superhero with the witty banter and the knowledge of multiple languages including Klingon. She is a Rubik’s Cube champion, plays 3-D Chess and used to steal cars.
Garcia said she saw her as the most interesting woman in the world and jumped at the chance to play her. Most of the characteristics were already there, but one of the most fun is that she’s a hugger, and that was Garcia’s idea. She told the crew she was going to go in for a hug but not to tell Tom, and the reaction was so good it became a part of who Lopez is.
There aren’t many characters like Ella Lopez on television, and Garcia is very happy to be playing her.
Lucifer Season 3 premieres October 2nd on Fox.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018