A rumour was circling a while ago that the producers on an upcoming Green Lantern Corps film were pushing for Hal Jordan to share the lead with fellow Green Lantern John Stewart — and so it has come to pass.
Will Romone tells us that, announced at San Diego Comic-Con just now in the Warner Bros./DC presentation in Hall H, that according to the imagery shown on the screen, the Green Lantern Corps film will indeed have both Hal Jordan and John Stewart sharing lead roles in the movie.
The character of John Stewart was created by Dennis O’Neil and Neal Adams and first appeared in Green Lantern #87 in 1971. He gained added prominence as the Green Lantern of choice in the Justice League animated series — such that when the earlier Green Lantern movie was cast with Ryan Reynolds in the lead, there were many complaints from social media that they had cast a white actor as Green Lantern.
It’s also going to be a good time for a certain American political comedy pundit to launch a new HBO show, isn’t it?
- Even More Comics Folk React to the Death of Stan Lee - November 12, 2018
- Roy Thomas Says Stan Lee Was ‘Ready To Leave This Earth’ - November 12, 2018
- Everyone Reacts to the Death Of Stan Lee - November 12, 2018
- Steve Geppi Displays the Original Captain America Designs, Mickey Mouse Storyboard and GI Joe Prototype at the Library Of Congress - November 12, 2018
- James Robinson Working on Mystery DC Comic – Could it Be Stargirl? - November 12, 2018