Janel Smith writes from San Diego Comic-Con.
Two days ago MGM announced the return of Stargate as Stargate Origins, a new web series available on stargatecommand.co. The 10 episodes will be around 10 minutes long each. The series will follow Catherine Langford from the original Stargate movie and her adventures.
At San Diego Comic-Con, they had questions to answer.
The fans in the room were clearly excited to have more Stargate in their lives and the resource of the new website but many questions that remained unanswered. The show takes place after the discovery of the gate in 1928, however they never found the DHD which is the dialing device for the gate and it took them a while to make one. It doesn’t seem like they will be able to travel through the Stargate in the show unless they found a work around that was not mentioned, so how exactly will the show work since gatetravel is the centerpiece of the series?
It was also mentioned that if the series goes well that we may get the origin stories of other characters from the lore. Hopefully we will get to see the early lives of many of our favorite characters.
- Two Meta-Looks at Comics From Marvel and DC This Week - October 19, 2018
- Archie Comics Cancels Their Marvel Digest Volumes - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Challenge Another Punisher Trademark Application by Militia Group - October 19, 2018
- So Why Are There No Comic Book Unions Then? - October 19, 2018
- Jim Steranko, Ron Frenz, George Perez, Barry Kitson and Alan Davis on The Liberty Brigade - October 19, 2018