Disney is going to make live action versions of every animated film they have ever done apparently. Jungle Book, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, so on and so on. They are also going to make a live action version of The Little Mermaid, with music by original composer Alan Menken. At the D23 expo today, during his A Whole New World of Alan Menken performance/show, he dropped a cool piece of news about that one: Lin-Manuel Miranda, who wrote music for the Disney film Moana and the Broadway smash hit Hamilton will join him in creating music for Ariel’s new big screen adventure.
Miranda is becoming a Disney favorite, after working on Moana, he also has a role in Mary Poppins Returns along with Emily Blunt. Miranda seems to have a bit of a soft-spot for Mermaid: he named his son Sebastian after the character in the film. He will also be a co-producer on the film along with Marc Platt. It sounds like Menken and Miranda will co-write all of the music together, in a true collaboration that one can get excited about. Menken is of course a Disney Legend, having scored numerous Disney films and winning 8 Academy Awards over his illustrious career. The two will rework the existing music from the animated version and add more ala this years Beauty and the Beast.
I still do not know how I feel about all of these live action films coming out, I have not really enjoyed too many of them. I guess depending on who they get to star in it will make all the difference, but this one may be quite the undertaking. If nothing else, at least we know that all of the music will be good. I still listen to the Moana soundtrack all the time, and I am sure this will be no different.
- Something Rotten! Review: Broadway's Shakespearian Romp Lands In San Francisco
- Fantastic Four In Marvel Cinematic Universe As Likely As Aliens Coming Down From Sky, Says Kevin Feige
- Inside The Disney Live Panel At D23 Part 4: Marvel Brings Down The Roof (And A Moon)
- Ryan Gosling Shares Teaser For New Blade Runner 2049 Trailer Debuting Tomorrow
- Pin Trading With The Next Generation Of Disney Fans At D23
- Inside The Disney Live Panel At D23, Part 2: 'Mary Poppins', 'Dumbo', And Tears For 'The Lion King'
- Inside The Disney Live Panel At D23, Part 1: 'A Wrinkle In Time' And 'Nutcracker'
- Inside The Disney Live Panel At D23, Part 3: Lucasfilm Is A Letdown
- D23 Roundup: 11 Highlights You Should Know About
- Karen Gillan On Working With The Rest Of The MCU On Avengers: Infinity War
- Disney Tsum Tsum Toys Make A Cute Statement At D23
- Watch The Credits For Disney's Big Hero 6, Ahead Of Fall Debut #D23
- Justice League Showings At Regal Cinemas Come With A Free Flash Funko Exclusive - November 18, 2017
- Stephen Amell Is Now 2-0 In Wrestling As He Joins The Bullet Club - November 18, 2017
- Final Girls Film Coming From Universal Pictures - November 18, 2017
- Rian Johnson Confirms The Last Jedi Runtime: 2 Hours And 30 Minutes - November 17, 2017
- A Wrinkle In Time Drops New Poster, New Trailer Debuts This Sunday On ABC - November 17, 2017