Ian Levine is a Renaissance geek. He owns a complete collection of DC Comics titles. He was the music producer behind the Hi-NRG style, including working with Simon Cowell, producing Take That‘s first singles, and working with the Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, Bananarama, Kim Wilde and more – including Billie Piper. And he is a big Doctor Who fan, was able to rescue a number of Doctor Who stories from being destroyed and became part of the production team in the eighties as a continuity advisor, and has loomed large, working on documentaries for Doctor Who DVD releases and composing the theme tune for the K-9 and Company spinoff TV show.
He has however enjoyed a fractious relationship with the much of the Doctor Who community. He is believed to have been the inspiration behind Peter Kaye‘s character, the Absorbaloff.
But possibly no more than today, when he reacted to the news of the appointment of Jodie Whittaker as The Thirteenth Doctor by showrunner Chris Chibnall. It appears he’s not a fan of the gender casting.
Just in case you were unsure of his true feelings. Well in a move that Levine should surely approve of, his tweets have been turned into a Hi-NRG style song… everybody dance along!
— Elijah Kraling (@elijahkraling) July 16, 2017
- When DC Comics Makes The Case Against Harley Quinn - November 21, 2017
- San Diego Comic-Con Vs Salt Lake Comic Con Goes To Trial Over Trademark - November 21, 2017
- New Owners Reed POP Cancels MCM Midlands, Liverpool And Northern Ireland - November 21, 2017
- DC Launches Justice League Of China Comic Book In 2018 - November 20, 2017
- DC Comics Previews Catalogue For February 2018 Solicits - November 20, 2017