Ian Levine is a Renaissance geek. He owns a complete collection of DC Comics titles. He was the music producer behind the Hi-NRG style, including working with Simon Cowell, producing Take That‘s first singles, and working with the Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, Bananarama, Kim Wilde and more – including Billie Piper. And he is a big Doctor Who fan, was able to rescue a number of Doctor Who stories from being destroyed and became part of the production team in the eighties as a continuity advisor, and has loomed large, working on documentaries for Doctor Who DVD releases and composing the theme tune for the K-9 and Company spinoff TV show.
He has however enjoyed a fractious relationship with the much of the Doctor Who community. He is believed to have been the inspiration behind Peter Kaye‘s character, the Absorbaloff.
But possibly no more than today, when he reacted to the news of the appointment of Jodie Whittaker as The Thirteenth Doctor by showrunner Chris Chibnall. It appears he’s not a fan of the gender casting.
Just in case you were unsure of his true feelings. Well in a move that Levine should surely approve of, his tweets have been turned into a Hi-NRG style song… everybody dance along!
— Elijah Kraling (@elijahkraling) July 16, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes: Luciano Vecchio Will Join Ironheart #1, Issue #2 Slips to January - October 18, 2018
- Will You Find Doctor Aphra in Your Return of Wolverine #1 Second Printing? - October 18, 2018
- Landry Walker’s Writer’s Commentary for A Clash Of Kings #13 - October 18, 2018
- Dinesh Shamdasani Shaves Head to Match Bloodshot’s Vin Diesel - October 18, 2018
- Grant Morrison’s Midnight Green Lantern Tops Advance Reorders - October 18, 2018