I will live in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge inside either Disneyland or Disney World. It is just a matter of time. More info is coming out of the Disney Parks panel at D23 happening right now, and the Disney Parks blog has some info for us:
The lands, both called Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, will allow guests to visit a remote trading port on the edge of wild space, where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life – and where guests will find themselves in the middle of the action.
The lands will feature two major attractions that put guests in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. Each attraction – and even the land itself – will offer guests the chance to immerse themselves in the Star Wars universe like never before.
One attraction will make you feel like you’re on a Star Destroyer inside a hangar bay. It’s an attraction built on a scale we’ve never done before.
The second attraction will give guests the opportunity to fly the Millenium Falcon, piloting the ship, shooting blasters or preparing for hyperspace – all while completing a critical mission. But how you perform on the mission holds even bigger stakes: perform with skill and you may earn extra galactic credits, while bringing the ship back banged up could put you on the list of a bounty hunter. End up on Harkos’s list and you may face a problem if you show up at the local cantina!
Guests will also encounter many familiar faces inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, including BB-8, Chewbacca, members of the First Order and – among many others – Rex, the troublesome pilot you may remember from the previous version of a certain Disney attraction who takes on a new role in this land as the DJ at the cantina.
And speaking of the cantina, here guests will be able to try unique concoctions like blue milk. Nearby, they’ll also be able to acquire trinkets and treasures from across the galaxy.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open in 2019, first at the Disneyland Resort and later in the year at the Walt Disney World Resort. (No further opening dates have been announced yet.)
And here is a video tour of my new home:
- Details from Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Panel at Disney's Galactic Nights
- Daisy Ridley, Mark Hamill, And Oscar Isaac Go Behind The Scenes Of The Last Jedi At D23
- D23 Parks And Resorts Panel: Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Details Emerge
- Thanos Is Not Looking Happy On D23 Poster, Which I Need To Get Now
- Marvel Unveils The Children of Thanos At D23
- Marvel Games Announces 'Marvel Powers United VR' Game At D23
- Balloon Versions Of Groot And An AT-AT Stand Guard At D23
- Disney Announces Star Wars: Jedi Challenge AR With Lenovo
- Be The Fairest Of Them All With Exclusive Snow White Makeup At D23
- D23: Kingdom Hearts 3 Is Getting A Toy Story World And Has A Release Window
- Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom Review- Well, at Least it Has Dinosaurs - June 22, 2018
- Uncle Drew Product is Taking Over Lids With Hats, Jerseys, and More - June 22, 2018
- Let’s Take a Look at Funko’s Godzilla Mystery Minis! - June 22, 2018
- Star Wars Sideshow Premium Format Obi-Wan Kenobi Up For Order - June 22, 2018
- Funko SDCC Exclusives Wave 6: Marvel! Plus: Taika Waititi - June 21, 2018