Conventions are wonderful places for finding real oddities. I remember at SDCC last year seeing a three-foot-tall or so statue of a realistic looking Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama, and you can’t go a convention without LEGO statues of pop culture characters these days.
It seems the D23 Expo, the huge Disney fan event currently under way in Anaheim, is no exception.
The Mouse Fan Travel booth at the show, a group of authorized Disney event planners, are sporting some interesting guardians — in rubbery balloon form.
— MEI Mouse Fan Travel (@MouseFanTravel) July 15, 2017
That’s including an actual Guardian of the Galaxy in the form of an air-filled Groot, and the menacing (?) AT-AT from Star Wars. Well, as menacing as you can be when you can be bested by a pin.
I am sure these are just on the mild end of the scale for oddities at D23…has anyone found something more peculiar?
- LEGO Brings Exclusive Duckpool Minifigure To SDCC '17
- Marvel Unveils First 10 Of The Phoenix Variant Covers Coming In December - September 19, 2017
- Dave Proch Will Make Comics With You Via His New Patreon - September 19, 2017
- We The Heroes Ball Returns To New York Comic Con For Second Year - September 19, 2017
- Twitter Says It’s Cracking Down On Abusive Accounts, But It’s Not Doing Enough - September 17, 2017
- What Is Greg Capullo On To Next After Metal? Could Be Swamp Thing - September 17, 2017