Conventions are wonderful places for finding real oddities. I remember at SDCC last year seeing a three-foot-tall or so statue of a realistic looking Dr. Zoidberg from Futurama, and you can’t go a convention without LEGO statues of pop culture characters these days.
It seems the D23 Expo, the huge Disney fan event currently under way in Anaheim, is no exception.
The Mouse Fan Travel booth at the show, a group of authorized Disney event planners, are sporting some interesting guardians — in rubbery balloon form.
— MEI Mouse Fan Travel (@MouseFanTravel) July 15, 2017
That’s including an actual Guardian of the Galaxy in the form of an air-filled Groot, and the menacing (?) AT-AT from Star Wars. Well, as menacing as you can be when you can be bested by a pin.
I am sure these are just on the mild end of the scale for oddities at D23…has anyone found something more peculiar?
- LEGO Brings Exclusive Duckpool Minifigure To SDCC '17
- New Transformers Jazz Toy Seems To Support President Donald Trump - November 18, 2017
- Comichaus To Launch Beta Of Their “Netflix Of Indie Comics” App - November 17, 2017
- The Wicked + The Divine #33 Review: A Stunning, Game-Changing Issue - November 16, 2017
- Defenders #7 Review: Fun, Whip-Smart, And Gorgeous High Action - November 16, 2017
- Bloodshot Salvation #3 Review: An Action-Drama With Heart And Power - November 12, 2017