Following up on yesterdays report of an accident on the set of the Walking Dead, we are now saddened to say that stuntman John Bernecker has died. A Coroner in Georgia confirmed the Bernecker died from blunt force trauma after he missed the safety cushion on a twenty-foot fall stunt. Reports say he missed the bag by inches and hit the concrete instead. Production of the series continues to be shut down since the accident. Both SAG-AFTRA and the Atlanta office of OSHA are looking into the incident.
Bernecker is a veteran stunt performer and fight choreographer. He has worked for both television and film including on: Olympus Has Fallen, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Fantastic Four and Logan among many others. He is also listed as having worked on upcoming film Marvel’s Black Panther.
Kellan Lutz, who worked with the Bernecker on the Twilight film series, remembered him as “one of the best, most talented stuntmen I have ever been blessed to work with.”
Lauren Cohan, who plays Maggie on The Walking Dead, tweeted: “Dear Walking Dead Family, please keep John Bernecker, our stuntman and his family in your prayers today.”
Walking Dead’s executive producer Gale Anne Hurd added: “We are all praying for him, his family, friends and colleagues.”
This is his stunt reel from Youtube:
- Exclusive First Look At Dynamite’s Graphic Novels Shipping February 2018 - November 19, 2017
- Origin Review: Robert Langdon Goes Sci-Fi In Dan Brown’s Newest Novel - November 19, 2017
- Ben Barnes Talks About Billy Russo In Marvel’s The Punisher (Spoilers) - November 18, 2017
- Marvel’s The Punisher Season 1: Welcome Back Frank… - November 18, 2017
- Singer/Actor David Cassidy Hospitalized Due To Organ Failure - November 18, 2017