Following up on yesterdays report of an accident on the set of the Walking Dead, we are now saddened to say that stuntman John Bernecker has died. A Coroner in Georgia confirmed the Bernecker died from blunt force trauma after he missed the safety cushion on a twenty-foot fall stunt. Reports say he missed the bag by inches and hit the concrete instead. Production of the series continues to be shut down since the accident. Both SAG-AFTRA and the Atlanta office of OSHA are looking into the incident.
Bernecker is a veteran stunt performer and fight choreographer. He has worked for both television and film including on: Olympus Has Fallen, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Fantastic Four and Logan among many others. He is also listed as having worked on upcoming film Marvel’s Black Panther.
Kellan Lutz, who worked with the Bernecker on the Twilight film series, remembered him as “one of the best, most talented stuntmen I have ever been blessed to work with.”
Lauren Cohan, who plays Maggie on The Walking Dead, tweeted: “Dear Walking Dead Family, please keep John Bernecker, our stuntman and his family in your prayers today.”
Walking Dead’s executive producer Gale Anne Hurd added: “We are all praying for him, his family, friends and colleagues.”
This is his stunt reel from Youtube:
- Writer’s Commentary: Peter David on Battlestar Galactica vs. Battlestar Galactica #4 - April 25, 2018
- The Flash Season 4, Episode 19 Recap: Fury Rogue - April 25, 2018
- Big Hero 6 The Series Gets Premiere Date from the Disney Channel - April 24, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Emotional Issues and the Season Finale Title - April 24, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Inside the Episode ‘Fury Rogue’ - April 24, 2018