With all the talk of Friday The 13th: The Game, you may have forgotten that there’s a movie franchise wrapped up in all of this. As we write this, the film’s original writer Victor Miller is currently at odds in one of the most heated battles over a movie franchise ever against producer Sean Cunningham and Horror, INC. There’s honestly no way of knowing which way it will go as it looks like both sides have a viable case to the rights. One thing that won’t be in dispute: the video game.
Game Revolution got the details from Horror, INC. lawyer Robert Wyman, who basically assured that the game would not be affected by the suit, as it was a deal made between themselves and Gun Media long before the lawsuit was brought to light. In essence, it’s no different than when George Lucas went around and slapped Jar Jar Binks’ face on a thousand different products and raised the value of Star Wars as an entity before selling it to Disney.
Any deals on Friday The 13th made prior to the legal action of any kind are kept intact until the end of whatever contract was signed, regardless of the entity operating it down the line. A handy little piece of info for any of you would-be writers or creators when you decide to license whatever you create out to make a buck or spread the word.
- New Easter Eggs On The Way For 'Friday the 13th: The Game'
- Illfonic Teases 'Friday The 13th: The Game' Update For Xbox One "Very Soon"
- 'Friday The 13th' Devs Need Your Help Getting A New Character In The Game
- 'Friday The 13th' Devs Send Out List Of Banable Offenses
- The First Free Content Update For 'Friday The 13th' Drops June 20
- Like A Stalking Jason, The Console Update For 'Friday The 13th' Is Coming
- The Flaming Jason Skin Will Not Become 'Friday The 13th' DLC
- Bandai Namco To Give ‘.hack//G.U. Last Recode’ A Physical Edition - July 22, 2017
- Kotobukiya Shows Off A Ton Of New Models Ahead Of SDCC Panel - July 21, 2017
- Star Wars Black Series, Forces Of Destiny, Monopoly & More From Hasbro - July 21, 2017
- ‘Injustice 2’ Finally Reveals Starfire Footage For DLC - July 21, 2017
- The Inkling War Is On! We Review ‘Splatoon 2’ - July 21, 2017