Publisher Drew Ford let backers of Sam Glanzman‘s Kickstarter page to republish his classic work with Joe Lansdale, Red Range, the sad news.
It is my sad duty to inform you all that on Wednesday, July 12th, at 2:30am, Sam Glanzman passed away. No other information is available at this time. I will be following up with information about the funeral shortly. In lieu of sending cards and flowers, his wife Sue asks that you instead contribute to the GoFundMe page we currently have running. Not much else I can say at this point…we lost a great one.
At the age of 92, Glanzman was the oldest comic book creator still writing and drawing newly published work, but he recently entered hospice care. His wife, Sue Glanzman was working with Drew Ford on a tribute book to the man, when he passed. The book will be published in memorium.
As well as comic such as Hercules for Charlton Comics series, Glanzman was best known for his biographical war stories about his service aboard the U.S.S. Stevens for DC Comics and Marvel Comics, and he wrote a drew numerous other war comics during his career as well.
His prominence was recently revived by Ford, republishing his old work and commissioning new stories for publication.
- Is New Year’s Day’s Doctor Who Actually Called Resolution Of The Daleks? - December 9, 2018
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018