We might have a frontrunner for the upcoming sequel to Suicide Squad. Deadline has reported that Jaume Collet-Serra is currently Warner Bros top choice to take on the sequel originally done by David Ayer. The original movie was critically panned but still made over $745 million at the worldwide box office. Collet-Serra is best known for the 2009 horror movie Orphan, three Liam Neeson movies (Unknown, Run All Night, Non-Stop), and the Blake Lively shark movie The Shallows in 2016. He has another movie called The Commuter starring Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga, and Liam Neeson due out next year.
Warner Bros hasn’t said when a sequel to Suicide Squad would be released just that they are working on one. The next DCEU project is Justice League due out this November.
- Warner Bros Sets Two Mysterious DCEU Release Dates For 2020
- ‘Black Panther’ Footage Stuns The Crowd At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The Kingsman: The Golden Circle Panel At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Unboxing The Nick Box From San Diego Comic Con - July 20, 2017
- Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets Review: A Flawed Film Filtered Through Beautiful Visuals - July 19, 2017
- ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’ Are On The Covers Of SFX Magazine - July 18, 2017