We might have a frontrunner for the upcoming sequel to Suicide Squad. Deadline has reported that Jaume Collet-Serra is currently Warner Bros top choice to take on the sequel originally done by David Ayer. The original movie was critically panned but still made over $745 million at the worldwide box office. Collet-Serra is best known for the 2009 horror movie Orphan, three Liam Neeson movies (Unknown, Run All Night, Non-Stop), and the Blake Lively shark movie The Shallows in 2016. He has another movie called The Commuter starring Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga, and Liam Neeson due out next year.
Warner Bros hasn’t said when a sequel to Suicide Squad would be released just that they are working on one. The next DCEU project is Justice League due out this November.
- Warner Bros Sets Two Mysterious DCEU Release Dates For 2020
- Two New Black Panther TV Spots Highlight the Supporting Players - January 15, 2018
- Edge of Tomorrow 2 Could Be Doug Liman’s Next Movie - January 15, 2018
- Mark Strong Talks Shazam! and His Unfinished Business with the DC Universe - January 15, 2018
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Rian Johnson Talks Rey’s Parents and More - January 15, 2018
- Watch Taika Waititi Bounce Around The Thor: Ragnarok Set in the Bloopers/Gag Reel - January 12, 2018