We might have a frontrunner for the upcoming sequel to Suicide Squad. Deadline has reported that Jaume Collet-Serra is currently Warner Bros top choice to take on the sequel originally done by David Ayer. The original movie was critically panned but still made over $745 million at the worldwide box office. Collet-Serra is best known for the 2009 horror movie Orphan, three Liam Neeson movies (Unknown, Run All Night, Non-Stop), and the Blake Lively shark movie The Shallows in 2016. He has another movie called The Commuter starring Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga, and Liam Neeson due out next year.
Warner Bros hasn’t said when a sequel to Suicide Squad would be released just that they are working on one. The next DCEU project is Justice League due out this November.
- Warner Bros Sets Two Mysterious DCEU Release Dates For 2020
- The Punisher Season 1: They Are Hesitant To Label Frank And Karen’s Relationship - November 19, 2017
- Evangeline Lilly Wraps Up On The Ant-Man And The Wasp Set - November 19, 2017
- New Trailer For A Wrinkle In Time Shows Off A Beautiful Fantasy World - November 19, 2017
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits Transparent Amid Sexual Assault Allegations; They Were Planning To Write Him Off Anyway - November 19, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi TV Spot Shows Off Some New Footage - November 19, 2017