We might have a frontrunner for the upcoming sequel to Suicide Squad. Deadline has reported that Jaume Collet-Serra is currently Warner Bros top choice to take on the sequel originally done by David Ayer. The original movie was critically panned but still made over $745 million at the worldwide box office. Collet-Serra is best known for the 2009 horror movie Orphan, three Liam Neeson movies (Unknown, Run All Night, Non-Stop), and the Blake Lively shark movie The Shallows in 2016. He has another movie called The Commuter starring Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga, and Liam Neeson due out next year.
Warner Bros hasn’t said when a sequel to Suicide Squad would be released just that they are working on one. The next DCEU project is Justice League due out this November.
- Warner Bros Sets Two Mysterious DCEU Release Dates For 2020
- Steven Spielberg Talks Keeping References from His Own Movies out of Ready Player One - March 23, 2018
- Pacific Rim Uprising’s Director Talks Raleigh Becket’s Fate - March 23, 2018
- Rian Johnson Won’t Let the “Divided Opinions” on The Last Jedi Effect his New Trilogy - March 23, 2018
- Tiffany Haddish Joins the Cast of The LEGO Movie 2 - March 23, 2018
- Justice League Costume Designer Explains Why They Didn’t Use the Black Suit - March 23, 2018