We might have a frontrunner for the upcoming sequel to Suicide Squad. Deadline has reported that Jaume Collet-Serra is currently Warner Bros top choice to take on the sequel originally done by David Ayer. The original movie was critically panned but still made over $745 million at the worldwide box office. Collet-Serra is best known for the 2009 horror movie Orphan, three Liam Neeson movies (Unknown, Run All Night, Non-Stop), and the Blake Lively shark movie The Shallows in 2016. He has another movie called The Commuter starring Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga, and Liam Neeson due out next year.
Warner Bros hasn’t said when a sequel to Suicide Squad would be released just that they are working on one. The next DCEU project is Justice League due out this November.
- Warner Bros Sets Two Mysterious DCEU Release Dates For 2020
- The Nerd Dome Podcast Episode 100: A Live Show (About Porgs) - September 22, 2017
- Matthew Vaughn Wants To Try To Make A Good Fantastic Four Movie - September 22, 2017
- Guardians Of The Galaxy Is The Reason We’re Not Getting A Matthew Vaughn Flash Gordon - September 22, 2017
- Ticket Booth: The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Kingsman: The Golden Circle - September 22, 2017
- [SPOILERS] How Death Ruins Kingsman: The Golden Circle - September 22, 2017