The amount of Overwatch hype behind Doomfist’s arrival has slowly started to evaporate as people now experiment with a character who kinda lives up to the hype, but also kinda doesn’t. And that’s totally okay, because not everything that people built up in their heads can survive what you pictured in your head. But for one gamer, they’ve taken an expectation and a dream and made it an awesome reality.
Below is a clip from a Texas player named ATwerkingYoshi on Twitter. He jerry-rigged a Wii remote controller to the back of a boxing glove on his PC, to turn Doomfist’s punch effect into a real punch you can aim and fight with. The footage itself looks awesome; he controls the primary fist weapon with his right arm for long targets and uppercuts while using a knuckle remote in the left hand to maneuver and use the built-in gun on the left hand.
That’s some amazing ingenuity, and if I were Blizzard and the Overwatch team, I’d be hitting this kid up to give him Doomfist merch for making the character more interactive.
— ATwerkingYoshi (@AtwerkinYoshi) July 7, 2017
- 'Overwatch' To Reveal New Punishment System Soon
- There's Now An 'Overwatch' Themed Church Dedicated To Hanzo In Brazil
- 'Overwatch' Players Have Discovered A Funny Tactic Against Doomfist
- Jeff Kaplan Says 'Overwatch' Is Currently Balanced
- Doomfist Has Landed On The Overwatch Test Realms
- At Long Last, Doomfist Is Finally Teased On The 'Overwatch' Website
- Evil Geniuses Disbands Their Overwatch Team Due To Lack Of "Synergy"
- Asking for a Fight: We Review Razer’s Panthera Arcade Stick - March 23, 2018
- Listening For Changes: We Review Razer’s Electra V2 - March 22, 2018
- KFC Partners with Twitch for a PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Event - March 22, 2018
- Twitch and Shout! Factory Partner for a ReBoot Marathon - March 22, 2018
- Sonic The Hedgehog Fan is Creating a “Sonic Maker” Project - March 22, 2018