The reveal is so close you can taste it now. Today, Overwatch posted a news entry on their website, detailing events that took place in Nubani. Which events? The ones you’ve been staring at since Orisa was added to the game. Here’s a quick reminder, in case you’ve already forgotten about it having passed this scene hundreds of times now.
You can read the full blog post here, but the short version of it all is that Akande Ogundimu, the man known as Doomfist, was broken out by Talon (that scary organization that may or may not be Blackwatch, depending on who you ask). The story also teases that there were other security breaches, meaning this is far from being the end of the ongoing story to Overwatch.
And that shouldn’t be ignored because, while people have been obsessed with getting this character in the game, people tend to forget that there is a slowly growing trend to having more villain-like characters on the roster. I would not be shocked if the day came you saw a Blackwatch vs. Overwatch event where one team could only pick from a selection of heroes on the other’s side. After typing that sentence out, I definitely want to see that happen now.
- There's Now An 'Overwatch' Themed Church Dedicated To Hanzo In Brazil
- Watch This 'Overwatch' Player Fight As Doomfist With A Punching Glove
- 'Overwatch' Players Have Discovered A Funny Tactic Against Doomfist
- Jeff Kaplan Says 'Overwatch' Is Currently Balanced
- Doomfist Has Landed On The Overwatch Test Realms
- Evil Geniuses Disbands Their Overwatch Team Due To Lack Of "Synergy"
- Mercy's Ultimate Is Getting A Nerf In 'Overwatch' PTR
- Logos For 'Overwatch' Season VI & Summer Games Revealed On Reddit
- Need More D.Va In Your Life? Blizzard Made A New 'Overwatch' Statue
- The Overwatch League Is Building A Scouting Report For Their Top Players
- Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia To Hit North America - January 16, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Expansion “The Hidden Ones” Coming Next Week - January 16, 2018
- Capcom Releases A Launch Trailer & Intro Video For Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition - January 16, 2018
- WWE 2K18 Receives A New “Enduring Icons” Pack Today - January 16, 2018
- Jeff Kaplan Says Overwatch’s Next Hero Is “Meta Changing” - January 16, 2018