The first two Toby Maguire Spider-Man films were celebrated by fans and then director Sam Raimi and Sony started butting heads and we ended up with a horrible third movie that forced too many characters and subplots into the film and killed the franchise. Sony rebooted quickly with Marc Webb directing and Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker and the new film was good, but then the sequel forced too many characters and subplots into the film and killed the franchise. This is why we can’t have nice things. Now Sony is teaming with Marvel to reboot and bring Tom Holland and director Jon Watts to try it one more time. Hopefully Marvel can keep them from doing the too many characters and subplots mistake again.
Screen Junkies has take on Amazing Spider-Man 2 in their newest Honest Trailer and point out some really great things… like how come Electro didn’t get any Eel powers but a lot of electricity based powers? Why did Aunt May’s job suddenly become important? Andy why did Garfield repeat himself so much?
I didn’t hate ASM2 as much as they did, but I did think that Jamie Foxx’s character was by far one of the worst villains in the last twenty years. What could’ve been a terrifying origin of a super-obsessed fan turning into a super-power enemy was instead played for laughs and camp. I think that was the biggest mistake made and it cascaded through the rest of the film.
- Get Me Pictures Of Spider-Man! A Collection Of Cosplay In Honor Of Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Andrew Garfield Says He's "Gay Right Now" Because He's Been Watching RuPaul's Drag Race For New Role
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018