Putting the politics aside, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver can put together some pretty funny segments — like last night’s focus on former President Warren G. Harding.
The piece starts with John Oliver explaining that when the Hall of Presidents and First Ladies Wax Museum in Gettysburgh had to shut down, they auctioned off the wax figures — and some of the buyers were notable. MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow picked up Dwight D. Eisenhower, while Late Show host Stephen Colbert picked up Zachary Taylor after losing out on Martin Van Buren to his former boss Jon Stewart.
It turns out that Oliver’s show went down and bought five of them: Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, William Henry Harrison and of course, Harding. He unveiled all of them on his show, but gave special attention to Harding, who Oliver says he is shocked that no one has made a film about. So they used the wax figure to make a trailer that is beyond brilliant. And they got Campbell Scott, Anna Kendrick, James Cromwell, Michael McKean and Laura Linney to appear in it.
I’ll admit…after watching the trailer, I kind of want to see that movie.
- Net Neutrality Needs Help Again, And John Oliver Is Calling On Gamers (Among Others) To Aid It
- The Wildstorm 25th Anniversary Project With Full Visual UPDATE - Fiona Staples, Lee Bermejo, Jim Lee, Bryan Hitch, J Scott Campbell, Warren Ellis And More -
- Frankensteining 24 DC Comics Solicits For June 2017 - Joker Vs Riddler Begins, Sejic On Aquaman And Rocafort on Titans
- Telling Piers Morgan To F-Off Pays Off For Jim Jefferies
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018