While Game of Thrones fans are still coming to terms with the final two seasons of the series being shorter than previous seasons (only seven episodes for the seventh season; and six episodes for the eighth and final season), some glimmers of hope may be on the horizon. At this past weekend’s Con of Thrones, the first Game of Thrones fan convention, sound designer Paula Fairfield gave some more details on GoT‘s final two seasons, including the possibility of Season 8 containing six feature-length episodes.
Some of the highlights from Fairfield and others at the convention include:
● Season 7: Three episodes will be longer than 60 minutes, including the season finale clocking-in at 82 minutes; and four episodes will be around the 60 minute mark, with Episode 4 with the distinction of being the shortest episode of the series at 50 minutes.
● Season 8: Though yet to be filmed, expectations are the remaining six episodes could each be 80+ minutes long.
● Season 8: Still no confirmation on reports that the final season may not bow until 2019.
● During the panel Ghosts of Westeros, Miltos Yerolemou (Syrio Forel) refused to give a direct answer when asked if it was possible that his character might actually turn-up alive, explaining that GoT‘s showrunners and HBO are understandably concerned about plot points getting leaked before broadcast.
HBO is set to premiere Game of Thrones‘ seven-episode seventh season on July 16, 2017, with the season consisting mostly of original content currently not in George R.R. Martin‘s A Song of Ice and Fire series, but will also adapt material from the upcoming sixth and seventh novels The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring.
Here’s what’s in store for Game of Thrones fans for Season 7:
Serving as executive producers for Season 7 are David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Carolyn Strauss, Frank Doelger and Bernadette Caulfield; with co-executive producers Guymon Casady, Vince Gerardis, Martin and Bryan Cogman; and producers Chris Newman, Greg Spence and Lisa McAtackney.
- Women Of Color In Media: Visibility Achieved; Next Step, Representation
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Tom Wlaschiha Joins TNT Pilot ‘The Deep Mad Dark’
- Game Of Thrones And Funko Train Keeps Chugging Along
- Game Of Thrones Carice van Houten Joins Brian De Palma's Domino
- Game Of Thrones Composer Ramin Djawadi Talks About Character Themes And Scoring Scenes
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 7 Trailer Echoes Battles To Come (WATCH)
- The Twelve Days of ‘Sunny’: Season 6, Episode 13 ‘A Very Sunny Christmas’ (Day #6) - December 18, 2018
- Disney’s Kevin Mayer: Fox Deal “Almost Done,” Netflix’s Marvel Line-Up on Disney+ “A Possibility” - December 18, 2018
- Tell Me a Story Season 2 Renewal Includes New Characters, Fairy Tales - December 18, 2018
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Renewed for Parts 3 and 4 - December 18, 2018
- Wayne’s Mark McKenna Talks Dream Role, Del Dynamic, and Pop Culture Picks (INTERVIEW) - December 18, 2018