Shed is a horror comic based on the author’s experience coming out as a gay man.
The first issue of this six-issue series was intended to be published by IDW Entertainment this month, but was cancelled with a publisher without reason being given.
Virgo’s brightest star, Spica, death-gasms into a supernova, belching its radioactive shockwave toward Earth. When the radiation arrives, the Sarx will thrive, but it’s doomsday for the humans. The spiritual leader of the Sarx, a young peace-keeper known as Grace, goes against the will of her people in a bold effort to prevent mass human extinction – because she believes it is her divine purpose to do so.
Instead, the book by creators Obie Scott Wade (creator of She-Zow) Ken Spevergav, Steve Beach and Jay Fotos has had the first three issues made available digitally, published by Sabotage Industries who , according to this review, will be publishing the comic book in print in July.
Clearly something went down. A shame because as Wade told Scream Horror Mag, IDW were part and parcel of this project.
OSW: Going into this, Ken and I knew absolutely nothing about creating a comic book series and we’ve relied solely on the patient guidance of our editor at IDW, David Hedgecock. As David got to know our story, he paired us up with Steve whom I consider a new true friend, and a genius creator. A connoisseur of horror, sci-fi, and a broad range of literature, Steve is so perfect for the project, we simply cannot imagine doing it without him.
- Blackstar Warrior Gets an Explosive Trailer From Brown Sugar - June 23, 2018
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018