It’s amazing just how much thought goes into the musical score for a television series like Game of Thrones. The fact the show has so many characters and houses, each deserving of it’s own theme but figuring out how and when to introduce them so it isn’t a jumbled mess. And keeping all of those themes unique without making them seem out of place. That’s a hell of a job and it falls to Ramin Djawadi, a German-Iranian composer who has worked on Iron Man, Warcraft, Pacific Rim, Westworld, Prison Break and Person of Interest.
In the video below, Djawadi goes through his process of scoring a scene. Talks about the various themes and how they planned their introductions and using as man different instruments as possible.
Game of Thrones Season 7 premieres July 16th on HBO
- Women Of Color In Media: Visibility Achieved; Next Step, Representation
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8: Six Feature-Length Episodes?
- Game Of Thrones' Image Teases The Return Of Tyrion's Season 1 Assassin's Dagger
- Warcraft Review: A Very Pretty Long-Form Cutscene
- Titans Season 1: Jake Michaels Cast as Robotman for Doom Patrol Appearance - February 22, 2018
- A Tweet from Kylie Jenner Sent Snapchat’s Stock Plummeting - February 22, 2018
- Bosch Star Titus Welliver to Deal Meth on Chicago P.D. - February 22, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: Is this Really an Adam Strange Series in Disguise? - February 22, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5: Two Old Villains to Return in 100th Episode - February 22, 2018