The former CEO and co-founder of Playdead, Dino Patti, has started up a new studio with animator Chris Olsen called Jumpship. The pair are based in Guildford, England, and their first project is a mysterious sci-fi title called Somerville “that chronicles the lives of key individuals in the wake of a global catastrophe.” Patti’s former company you might know thanks to their work on indie favorites Limbo and Inside.
Jumpship’s first game is an original IP that was conceived by Olsen, and the project’s teaser trailer features what looks like an alien invasion.
As for the company itself, its goals are lofty according to the statement provided on Jumpship’s website:
Our philosophy is to break preconceived notions of what games can be by exploring the creative possibilities of the medium. We believe in games as a legitimate and positive endeavor; with potential not only as an entertainment medium, but as a tool to question the human condition. We strive to support our intent with an unwavering ethic in all facets of the process. This unwillingness to take the path well-trodden, to aim for standards seemingly out of reach and meticulously handcraft every aspect is where the weight of value lies for us as a studio. It raises entertainment to something deeply personal.
Further details about Somerville are unavailable at this time, but you can watch the teaser below.
- Double GTA Bucks and Tons of Sales in GTA Online this Weekend - May 26, 2018
- Elder Dice Have Returned with a Second Kickstarter Campaign - May 26, 2018
- Kingdom Hearts III Will be Playable for E3 Attendees - May 26, 2018
- EA DICE Reconfirms Commitment to Player Choice and Female Playable Characters for Battlefield V - May 26, 2018
- Trailer: Check Out Some Gameplay from Teen Titans Go Figure! - May 26, 2018