This news is kind of in the, ‘wait, didn’t we already know that’, category. During an interview with director Matt Reeves for an event for War of the Planet of the Apes, he confirmed that Ben Affleck would play Bruce Wayne / Batman in the upcoming solo film. Affleck was originally on board as director of the film before stepping aside in January. This came with a lot of rumors that the actor was also going to step away from the cowl after the Justice League movie.
The Batman picked up Reeves as it’s new director, but questions remain whether it can make it’s hope for 2018 release. When asked if Affleck was still in the role, Reeves said:
Yeah, right now that’s exactly what’s going on, for sure.
As for how long into the production they are:
I finished this movie about eight days [ago], so literally we’re only now beginning.
Along with Affleck, The Batman will star Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth, J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon, and Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke,
- War For The Planet Of The Apes Review: A Satisfying Conclusion To One Of The Best Trilogies Ever
- Ben Affleck In Talks To Return For The Accountant Sequel
- No Batman #24 For The UK Next Week... Diamond Apologises For Any Inconvenience
- The Boy Who Cried Penguin - Josh Gad Teases Batman Movie Role Again
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 1 Recap: Soul Brother #1 - June 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger Season 1, Episode 4 Recap: Call/Response - June 22, 2018
- Dynamite Brings Together Vampirella and Dejah Thoris for New Series - June 21, 2018
- Dynamite Announces ‘The Art of Troma’ Written by Fred Van Lente - June 21, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: How Will They Bring Back [Spoiler]? - June 21, 2018