Sometimes it seems like a miracle that we got a good Wonder Woman movie. There were so many different ways it could have gone wrong, and we got a taste of how wrong it could have gone when Joss Whedon‘s script leaked. It was a mess, and a pretty sexist mess at that.
In an interview with Buzzfeed, Patty Jenkins was asked about the leaked script and her thoughts on it. She said she hasn’t read the script, but does think that comparisons are a waste of time:
“He’s in the DC universe now, and I don’t think there’s any reason to go there. It was what it was. I’m lucky that I’m the person who got to do it. But I don’t see what would be beneficial about comparing what he would’ve done versus what I would have done.”
While Jenkins is correct in that the comparisons are a waste of time, that wasn’t really the point of analyzing the leaked script. The script is just another example of how Whedon is far from the feminist people seem to think he is. He is involved with the DCEU and directing a Bargirl movie. We know he’s involved, and that’s why those of us critical of Whedon are concerned. It was never about comparing the movies — it was looking at the script and seeing what problematic aspects of it could come to other DCEU characters.
Summary: Before she was Wonder Woman she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained warrior. When a pilot crashes and tells of conflict in the outside world, she leaves home to fight a war to end all wars, discovering her full powers and true destiny.
Wonder Woman, directed by Patty Jenkins, stars Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, David Thewlis, Robin Wright, and Connie Nielsen. Check it out in theaters now.
- Does Jenny Frison Wish Jennifer Connelly Was Wonder Woman Instead Of Gal Gadot?
- Darwyn Cooke Wonder Woman Leads An Impressive Original Art Auction This Week
- Brian Bolland's Classic Wonder Woman Cover
- Crafting Wonder Woman's God Killer Sword
- In Box Office Estimates, Wonder Woman Has Passed The $100 Million Opening Weekend Mark
- Nerd Food: Cinemark Offering Wonderful Wonder Woman Collectors Cup
- Zack Snyder And Others Share Their Thoughts On 'Wonder Woman'
- Sorry, Bleeding Cool Is Not Hosting A Wonder Woman Day Event At My House Tomorrow
- Chris Pine Takes A Shot On Marvel And Compares Superhero Films To Modern Myths
- DC's Wonder Woman Finally Passes The 'Aunt Martha' Test That Marvel's Films Mastered Long Ago
- Wonder Woman Review: Yes - It's Really As Good As You've Been Hearing
- Gal Gadot Talks Wonder Woman With Katie Couric
- Chris Pratt Says the Situation Is “Complicated” Following James Gunn’s Firing - August 15, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Russo Brothers Explain How They Chose Thanos’ Victims - August 14, 2018
- Runaways Season 2: First Image, Promo, and Synopsis - August 14, 2018
- Ryan Gosling Talks About Getting the Details Right in ‘First Man’ - August 14, 2018
- Crazy Rich Asians Review: One of the Best Romantic Comedies in Years - August 14, 2018