The Black Lightning series kicks off nine years after Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) has hung up his costume. He is a high school principal trying to help out in different ways. He has an ex-wife named Lynn (Christine Adams) who he remains friends with and two teenage daughters Jennifer (China Anne McClain) and Anissa (Nafessa Williams). He stays retired — that is, until his daughters get caught up with a bad gang and he must return to throwing lightning.
In the video below, all four actors talk with DC All-Access about the upcoming series and where their characters are at the start. They also mention that both Jennifer and Anissa are starting to get their powers, as their comic book counterparts do. They were also asked about a possible crossover with the Arrowverse. Neither know if that will happen, but both want it, and McClain calls out The Flash specifically.
The series will be a mid-season launch, likely in 2018, but no specific date has been set.
- Black Lightning Pirouettes In New CW Promo
- CW Releases Synopsis For Black Lightning
- Black Lightning - The First Trailer For The New CW Series
- Black Lightning Is Not Part Of The CW's Arrowverse, "We do not aim to do a five-way crossover”
- 'iZombie,' 'The Originals' Renewed and 'Black Lightning' 'Life Sentence' Ordered To Series
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018