We have, to date, never been surprised by the identity of the new Doctor Who. In the classic days, it was announced in the newspapers. With New Who, David Tennant made the news long before he got his new teeth, Matt Smith got his own TV announcement programme, Peter Capaldi got a live announcement show. But the next one? Still not official, or anything like. And the first part of this final two-parter of the series has suggested we may well see a regeneration, and a new Doctor Who next week. Though of course, it may be a fake-out like the one a few weeks ago. Or it could be a cliffhanger for the Christmas Special.
But if it is to be revealed next week, what are the challenges? Well, filming the scene of course. Plus all the production and editing. Getting the subtitles done was how it leaked out for Matt Smith. But also sending the finished show out to other territories. Canada leaked the first Christopher Eccleston episode in its entirety, remember. It should be impossible. But Doctor Who likes impossible.
The two favourites, in my eyes, are down to the bookies closing their bets. Five-figure large bets on Kris Marshall saw William Hill close all bets, while a mass of bets on Phoebe Waller-Bridge saw Sun Bets close their similar operation. Marshall is the David Tennanty option. Waller-Bridge is the Matt Smithy option. But there are plenty of others still in consideration.
Will we discover the new Doctor Who next week? Or has the moment been prepared for Christmas Day?
A huge spaceship trapped in the gravity well of a black hole, teeming with impossible lifeforms, harbours one of the Doctor’s most feared enemies… Mondasian Cybermen.
- Doctor Who Spoilers - A Multiple Regeneration Episode? A Reveal, A Pause And Rumours For Next Week's The Doctor Falls
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: World Enough And Time - They Call Her Doctor Who!
- Thoughts About Doctor Who: The Lie Of The Land - 10 Years In Labour Camps For A Box Of Comics
- Why Olivia Colman Makes Sense To Replace Peter Capaldi As Doctor Who
- Ben Whishaw Is The Bookies Favourite To Replace Peter Capaldi As The New Doctor Who
- Baseless Rumor: Capaldi to Leave Doctor Who in 2018, Show To Return to Tennant-like Era
- Batman’s Plan for Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in This Week’s Batman #43 - March 19, 2018
- Man, Everyone Gets to be Worthy These Days (Thanos #16 and #17 Spoilers) - March 19, 2018
- Family of Star Wars/Deadpool Artist Nicole ‘Nik’ Virella Raising Money for Operation - March 19, 2018
- Golden Apple Comics Shop Launches Its Own Comics with Darick Robertson, Michael McMillian, and Lindsey Stirling - March 19, 2018
- Christopher Sebela and Joshua Hixson Launch Shanghai Red from Image in June - March 19, 2018