Christopher Nolan and Hans Zimmer tend to go well together. Zimmer’s style works well with Nolan’s aesthetic which is why they keep working together. When Zimmer manages to keep his finger off of the BWONG button he’s one of the best composers working today and during an interview with Entertainment Weekly> Nolan talked about the musical sound they were going for.
“Dunkirk is one of the greatest suspense stories of all time, and our film needed a score to reflect that and to propel the audience through a telling of this story that is more thriller than war film,” the director said in a statement. “Hans’ unique score drives the visceral sense of action the film needs to put the audience right into the story, using images, sound, and music.”
The movie is being told through three different points of view including an inexperienced soldier (newcomer Fionn Whitehead), a fighter pilot (Tom Hardy), and a civilian at sea (Mark Rylance). Through those three points of view we’ll witness the evacuation of 400,000 soldiers on the beaches of Dunkirk, France while they are completely surrounded on all sides.
Warner Bros released another short TV spot for the movie as well. It’s another very short one but most of the footage appears to be fairly new. We still don’t know that much about the movie though and the very short TV spots appear to be channeling an overall feeling and tone rather than actual story beats. It’s a movie based on a real event so it’s going to have to make sure we get lost in the tone, atmosphere, and characters since we more or less know how it ends.
Summary: Allied soldiers from Belgium, the British Empire, Canada, and France are surrounded by the German army and evacuated during a fierce battle in World War II.
Dunkirk will be directed by Christopher Nolan and stars Tom Hardy Cillian Murphy, Kenneth Branagh, James D’Arcy, and Mark Rylance. It will be released on July 21, 2017.
- New Poster And TV Spot For 'Dunkirk'
- Christopher Nolan's 'Dunkirk' On The Cover Of Total Film
- The Nerd Dome Podcast Episode 119 – Black Panther and Star Wars: Rebels Spoilers - February 23, 2018
- Black Panther Composer Did Extensive Research, Scored the 4-Hour First Cut of the Movie - February 23, 2018
- A Wrinkle in Time Gets a Trippy New Poster, Plus a Behind-the-Scenes Featurette - February 23, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Addresses Why [SPOILER] Wasn’t in Black Panther - February 23, 2018
- This New Promo for Legion Season 2 is Terrifying - February 23, 2018