We’re getting more Transformers movies whether we want them or not. While Michael Bay and Mark Wahlberg are on their way out we know that we’re getting a spin-off movie for Bumblebee and a sixth movie. Whether or not any of these are going to be good (finally) is still up for debate but they are happening because these movies keep making money. In an interview with Screen Rant producer Di Bonaventura revealed that the Bumblebee spin-off and the Transformers 6 are on the way.
“Well we’re going to shoot a prequel actually, a Bumblebee movie, which starts in August, so next summer we’ll see a Bumblebee movie. And then we hope to have another Transformers movie the following summer.”
Does this mean we’re going to get annual Transformers movies from now on? It might be a little too early to make that call and Bonaventura seems to agree.
“Look, I always wait for the audience, because there’s an arrogance to getting ahead of your audience. When you do, you get punched. So we’ll wait each time. We’re planning a lot of movies, but you’ve got to have the audience’s support, because these movies are very expensive.”
That is the truth. The numbers for The Last Knight are not looking as good as the previous movies but the fourth one made a majority of its money overseas. As long as the overseas market continues to push these movies into the $500+ worldwide box office we’re going to continue to get them, and Transformers 6 and Bumblebee are both coming.
Summary: Humans and Transformers are at war, Optimus Prime is gone. The key to saving our future lies buried in the secrets of the past, in the hidden history of Transformers on Earth.
Michael Bay’s Transformers: The Last Knight stars Laura Haddock, Mark Wahlberg, Gemma Chan, John Goodman, Isabela Moner, and Anthony Hopkins. Catch it in theaters now.
- The Bumblebee Spinoff Transformers Film Casts Lead
- Mark Wahlberg Reveals That 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Is His Last In The Franchise
- Transformers Spinoff To Focus On Bumblebee; Produced At A Lower Cost
- Transformers Sequels Scheduled By Paramount
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: A New Promo and 17 New Cast and Promo Pictures - December 13, 2018
- Meet Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in This New Clip - December 13, 2018