Blizzard has been looking to fill some interesting jobs lately. We already told you about all the first-person development gigs that they have listed for an unnamed project, now they got a new one that will make a lot of fans happy. A new listing on their website for “Senior Software Engineer, Server” in Irvine is looking for someone to help remaster Warcraft III and Diablo II.
Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation. We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done. If you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players, we would love to hear from you.
The popularity of Diablo II alone will assure that whatever version comes out will be a hit for Blizzard, and Warcraft III is still revered by fans (even though Warcraft II is probably the most popular of the trilogy). Remastering both of these is a smart move, especially with a StarCraft remasting still supposedly coming this summer.
- Blizzard To Launch New PTR For 'Warcraft III'
- Overwatch Dev Addresses Co-Op: "Not Something We’re Working On Right Now"
- Prepare For The Tomb Of Sargeras With World Of Warcraft Patch 7.2.5 Survival Guide
- Dafran Banned From Overwatch Competition For Encouraging Fans To Cheat
- Overwatch Devs Exploring A Permanent Solution To Game Quitters
- Blizzard Looking To Fill Jobs For New Shooter Game
- We’re Getting A New TMNT Arcade Game Debuting At IAAPA - October 21, 2017
- We Finally See The Box For ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ - October 21, 2017
- The Escapist Community Learns The Staff Has Been Let Go - October 21, 2017
- Sony Shows Off Two New Dualshock 4 Controllers For PS4 - October 21, 2017
- Capcom Shows Off New Oddball Skins For ‘Street Fighter V’ - October 21, 2017