If you were one of the many gamers who watched Microsoft’s Xbox E3 briefing and were shocked at the lack of Halo at the show, we have some bad news for you this morning. 343 Industries has confirmed the studio won’t be discussing the next major installment in its sci-fi shooter series “for quite some time.” So, don’t expect to see anything about Halo 6 until closer to the end of the year. And that’s us being optimistic about it.
In a post on Halo Waypoint, 343 Industries writer Jeff Easterling (knowm as GrimBrother One), decided to crush all of our dreams and inform us that the studio had no plans for a Halo 6 reveal coming up.
Specifically, Easterling specified that we wouldn’t be seeing Halo 6 at any of the industry shows this year.
That being said, for some people – like most who are still reading this blog – the Xbox media briefing was bandied about as much for what it didn’t show, as what it did. Specifically, a new (or old-made-new) Halo title. For some folks, their despair stemmed from a lack of remastered fight-finishing. I know I know, we should have told you ahead of time to not expect anything like that. Others were hoping for a tease of things farther off to come. While there’s little to nothing that can be said on that front, it’s been made clear that we won’t be talking about Halo’s next major title for quite some time. And no, that doesn’t mean Gamescom. Or PAX. Trust us, when we’re ready to begin pulling back that proverbial curtain, you’ll know. It won’t be soon.
However, one of the absolute best things about Halo is that it isn’t confined to one medium, or to one genre – the Halo universe is diverse and wide-ranging, and E3 was a pretty awesome celebration of the next chapter in the Halo Wars 2 experience – a brand new expansion succinctly titled Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare.
So we have a Halo Wars 2 update, but that’s all. 343 Industies seem to be keeping thier word this time about keeping their mouths shut.
- Someone Built A Real Warthog From 'Halo'
- 343 Industries Gives Mild Approval To Fan-Made 'Halo' Game
- A New Switch Update Will Allow For User And Save Data Transfers - October 19, 2017
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider Was Gorgeous Already And Now Its Even Better - October 19, 2017
- Monster Energy Supercross Is Milestone’s Second Attempt At An Arcade Racer - October 19, 2017
- Gran Turismo Sport’s Ultimate Bundle Is Ridiculous - October 18, 2017
- Cyberpunk 2077 Development Is “Continuing As Planned” Says CD Projekt Red - October 18, 2017