Gail Simone may not have a lot coming out from DC Comics right now. Let alone writing Wonder Woman. But that’s where cross-company crossovers come in!
Dark Horse Comics, with DC Comics, is publishing Wonder Woman/Conan, a six-issue series starting in September, by Gail Simone and Aaron Lopresti.
The PR tells us,
“I love crossovers, I love Wonder Woman, and being able to bring the undisputed greatest warriors of the DCU and Robert E. Howard’s Hyborian Age together for the very first time is a dream come true,” says Simone. “A major draw is getting to reunite with the great Aaron Lopresti, whose very favorite things to draw are Wonder Woman and barbarians. Its blades and bracelets, wizards and wonder and I couldn’t be more delighted.”
Our tale begins as Conan the Barbarian arrives on the shores of an unknown land, and soon meets the world’s most fearsome arena fighter—Wonder Woman. Ill-fated circumstances force them both into slavery. As they attempt to free themselves from the grips of the rich and powerful slave-owner Dellos, a dark magic descends upon their land, a presence that wants to destroy them both. But who has the might to stop the most talented gladiators who have ever existed?
While Gail herself tells us
So, I get to write Wonder Woman again, get to write Conan again, and get to work with @aaronlopresti again. I LOVE THIS JOB.
— GAIL SIMONE (@GailSimone) June 19, 2017
And Aaron tells us,
Yes! So excited to be working on this! Thank you Gail for recruiting me!
— aaronlopresti (@aaronlopresti) June 19, 2017
- Three Marvel Characters Return To Secret Empire #5 – This Is A Big Bad Spoiler About Just One Of Them - June 27, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today, And It’s Batman Season For Elmer Fudd – A Comic Show - June 27, 2017
- Tom King Teases Two Pages Of Mister Miracle #1 - June 27, 2017
- Shirtless Bear-Fighter Tears Through First Printing, Goes To Second - June 27, 2017
- Washington DC’s Awesome Con 2017: A Con Continually On The Verge Of Something Big - June 27, 2017