Despite mixed fan reception for the live action adaptations of DC Comics in theaters, the animated universe of the comic personalities continues to make fans happy. The next chapter in the cartoon lexicon is Batman And Harley Quinn, an animated story about the clown princess of crime and the caped crusader. Also, Nightwing.
Here is the trailer released for the flick back in May:
The announcement included news of a post-screening panel and discussion among available members of the core cast and filmmaking team, which include Batman voice favorite Kevin Conroy, Melissa Raunch as Harley, Loren Lester as Nightwing, Paget Brewster as Poison Ivy, and Kevin Michael Richardson as Jason Woodrue.
Needless to say, SDCC is a good place to have such a premiere, as it usually has one of the largest gatherings of comic fans on the west coast. Also, it’s got the Harleypalooza get-together of Harley cosplayers. An asylum of Harleys, the collection of them together is always something to see.
Spawned from an original story by animation icon Bruce Timm, Batman and Harley Quinn arrives August 29th as the first Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack ($44.98 SRP) release of a DC Universe Original Movie; Blu-ray Deluxe Gift-set ($39.99 SRP), featuring an exclusive Harley Quinn figurine; Blu-ray Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP); and DVD ($19.98 SRP). The Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack features an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc in 4K with HDR and a Blu-ray disc featuring the film; the Blu-ray Combo Pack features the film in hi-definition; and the DVD features the movie in standard definition. The Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Combo Pack includes a digital version of the film. Batman and Harley Quinn comes to Digital ($19.99 HD, $14.99 SD) on August 15th.
Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment, Batman and Harley Quinn is directed by Sam Liu (Batman: The Killing Joke) from an original story by Bruce Timm (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns) with a teleplay written by Timm and Jim Krieg (Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox). Co-Producer is Alan Burnett (The Batman). Executive producers are Sam Register and Timm. Benjamin Melniker and Michael Uslan are executive producers.
- Batman #25 Review: An Intriguing Setup For Chaos To Come
- The Flash Season 4 Villain Is Who You THINK It Is
- New Halloween Movie Will Have John Carpenter Score, New Details Emerge - October 19, 2017
- Kevin Smith Will Donate All TWC Residuals To ‘Women In Film’ Non Profit - October 18, 2017
- Ron Howard Reveals The Official Han Solo Movie Title - October 17, 2017
- Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy Calls For Industry-Wide Commission To Combat Harassment And Abuse - October 17, 2017
- 80 Original Netflix Films On Slate For 2018 Release - October 16, 2017