Up until now, the revitalized version of Killer Instinct has only been available as an Xbox One exclusive title, primarily because Microsoft Studios took over the property in 2013 after it was painstakingly brought back to life by Double Helix Games. The game has received rave reviews and been one of the top fighting games on Xbox Live since it was launched. Now, as announced at Community Effort Orlando, the game will be making its way to Steam, which was confirmed on the game’s official Twitter account yesterday:
That’s right, KI is coming to Steam later this year! Thanks to @CEOJebailey for helping us break the news. More details to follow.
— Killer Instinct (@KillerInstinct) June 17, 2017
Getting Killer Instinct on Steam is going to be a cool deal when it finally happens as they break from the Xbox or regular PC downloads and join up with other competitive fighter titles on the service. That’s also going to change the game’s eSports scene, as a new crop of players will come out of the woodwork who don’t own an XB1 or snagged a PC version. Yeah, it may not be a lot, but there will be some fresh blood in the mix, and that’s always a good thing.
There’s no target date set yet, but seeing how everyone is patiently waiting for Season 4 to be announced, it’s probably a safe bet that we’ll be getting both events happening at or around the same time.
- Valve's Steam Direct Fee Will Set You Back $100
- From The Grave: Shin Hisako Joins The Killer Instinct Roster Sometime This Month
- Games With Gold For January Announced With Killer Instinct Season 2 Headlining
- Killer Instinct Coming Back To Comics As Dynamite Partners With Microsoft
- Perfect Dark And Crackdown Characters Turn Up On Killer Instinct Survey
- Killer Instinct Season 3 Gets A Launch Trailer
- Twitch To Run Classic Game Show ‘Starcade’ For Next Marathon - August 16, 2017
- Psyonix & Tespa Announce Collegiate Competitive ‘Rocket League’ - August 16, 2017
- The Skaven Debut In New ‘Total War: Warhammer II’ Trailer - August 16, 2017
- After Months Of Waiting, ‘We Happy Few’ Gets A 2018 Release Date - August 16, 2017
- Bungie Claims Steam Sales For ‘Destiny’ Silver Were An “Error” - August 16, 2017