In honor of the passing of the man would always be known as Batman and in response to a growing number of online requests, DC Entertainment has released the unaired episode of NBC’s Powerless featuring a guest appearance by the late Adam West. The episode would turn out to be one of his last projects, as the beloved actor passed away on Friday, June 9 at age 88.
In Win, Luther, Draw, West guest stars as Chairman of Wayne Industries Dean West, who visits Charm City to deliver devastating news to Wayne Security: the division is going to be sold to their corporate rival LexCorp. Particularly touching in a humorous way is the moment when after West has made his announcement, he turns towards the viewer and asks us in classic 1966 Batman style: “Will this rag-tag band of plucky performers keep their precious positions, or will they be thrown to the wolves? Find out next week!”
You can watch the episode here (for a limited time):
Located in the DC Universe, Powerless follows the adventures of Emily Locke (Vanessa Hudgens – Sucker Punch), new to Charm City as she assumes her new position as Director of Research & Development at Wayne Security, a subsidiary of Wayne Enterprises that specializes in new inventions to protect ordinary citizens from the battles between superheroes and supervillains. With the help of office mates Teddy (Danny Pudi – Community), Ron (Ron Funches – Undateable) and Jackie (Christina Kirk – Manhattan), Emily looks to turn Wayne Security into a huge Wayne Enterprises success…even if she has to drag her painfully inept boss Van Wayne (Alan Tudyk – Firefly) the entire way.
NBC pulled the sitcom from its weekly line-up in late March and officially cancelled the show in May. At the time of its cancellation, there were two Powerless episodes that remained unaired: Win, Luthor, Draw; and the season/series finale, Van of the Year.
- SDCC: Celebrating Adam West And What He Meant To Me
- The Weekly Static 08/18/17: A Look Back At The Past Week In TV Land - August 18, 2017
- ‘The Birds’: BBC Miniseries To Be More Du Maurier, Less Hitchcock - August 18, 2017
- Fox Developing Animated Series From Amy Poehler, ‘Simpsons’ Alums - August 17, 2017
- ‘Maniac’: Netflix Taps Justin Theroux For Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Series - August 17, 2017
- Marvel Studios Week: Cinemark XD Offers 11 Films For $5 Each - August 17, 2017