Peter Quill, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora, Drax, and Groot, or as we call them, the Guardians of the Galaxy. They have fun, they save the galaxy, and they steal stuff. In All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy #2, the gang has to figure out how to steal from The Collector, who has an impressive (and very creepy) security team. Drax isn’t totally on board, but Peter and Gamora are determined to finish the job.
After they devise a way to sneak in (and hopefully escape), they go into action. Drax winds up breaking some glass and waking up an animal, and Gamora has to kick major butt. But will our rag tag team of thieves survive? The cliffhanger ending this issue (and the first issue had a good cliffhanger) is awesome, and it will pull you in for the next installment.
Gerry Duggan, Aaron Kuder, and Ive Svorcina are a great team. Duggan’s dialogue is quick and funny, Kuder’s lines are sharp and detailed, and his fight scenes are easy to follow. But Svorcina’s colors are my favorite part of the book. They come to life in this space story, and not once do they become dull or muddled. That is the real draw to this comic, and worth the price of admission. Seldom do I see colors (and lines) are beautiful as these in modern comics, but All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy #2 has it!
This post was brought to you by Third Eye Comics, Maryland’s premier comic book shop! Check them out today for their latest sales and in-store events!
Be the first to leave a review.
- All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy #4 Review - A Fun Caper
- Weapon X #4 Review - Big, Empty Action And A Gun-Toting Logan
- The Mighty Captain Marvel #5 Review - Fun, But Repeats Secret Empire Events Verbatim
- All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy #1 Review: But Are They That New?
- Separated At Birth: Is That Dementors From Harry Potter In Marvel's All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy #2? (SPOILERS)
- A New Convention Called Fandemic Is Coming To Houston, Texas - August 19, 2017
- Otakon Cosplay Spotlight: Julia Rika As Nami From One Piece - August 19, 2017
- Is Disney World No Longer Offering Complimentary Toiletries? - August 19, 2017
- Otakon Cosplay Spotlight: Kat And DJ Ranma S As Spike And Rarity From My Little Pony - August 19, 2017
- Wonder Woman Co-Creator William Moulton Marston On Nazis’ Problem With Women - August 19, 2017