Syfy has released a teaser trailer for Sharknado 5: Global Swarming. The video shows that the whirling tornado of killer sharks is moving around the world, taking out such iconic landmarks as Big Ben and the Great Wall of China. Poor Big Ben gets destroyed all the time, like it’s the only way to show London in two seconds of destruction. Anyway, I digress. As the Syfy original movie series moves on to its fifth entry, they are using the tag line: Make America Bait Again. Ian Ziering and Tara Reid are back again and are joined by Kathy Lee Gifford and David Noughton as themselves, Chris Kattan as the Prime Minister of England and as the Queen… Charo. (And you think the U.K. isn’t happy with the U.S. now, wait until they see the queen say “Cuchi Cuchi”.) Olivia Newton John and Gilbert Gottried are also supposed to appear.
The first Sharknado premiered in 2013 and was followed by Sharknado 2: The Second One (2014), Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! (2015) and Sharknado 4: The 4th Awakens (2016). Yup, we’re getting these annually until someone puts a stop to it. Ziering and Reid have appeared in all five of the franchise films. Also in 2015 there was a Mockumentary called Sharknado: Heart of Sharkness which told the story of about David Moore, the filmmaker who first dreamed of “sharks in a tornado” and brought on disaster by using real sharks. The first Sharknado was to be a movie never seen, a crime never reported, a tale never told.
The film is directed by Anthony C. Ferrante from a script by Thunder Levin and Scotty Mullen.
Sharknado 5: Global Swarming spins into homes August 6th. For more information you can follow them on Facebook.
- Swipe File: Sharknado 4 And Action Comics #1
- Cast and Crew of Sharknado 4 Discuss The Greatest Cinematic Franchise of All Time
- Sharknado: The Fourth Awakens Is Absolute Goofy Fun -- A Review
- Sharknado: The 4th Awakens Heads To Las Vegas
- There Will Be A Sharknado 4 - And Tara Reid's Fate Is In The Hands Of Twitter
- Archie Vs. Sharknado In July. Seriously. Not A Late April Fool. This Is Happening.
- Sharknado 3 Gets A Release Date And Title
- Riff Trax Tackles Sharknado In A Live Performance
- SyFy Sets Original Movie Ratings Record With Sharknado 2
- Ed From Shaun Of The Dead Leads This Month’s Box Of Dread - June 26, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary: Anthony Del Col Talks ‘Nancy Drew & The Hardy Boys: The Big Lie #4’ - June 26, 2017
- Kevin Bacon Confirms A ‘Tremors’ TV Pilot In The Works For Syfy - June 26, 2017
- Watch Stan Lee And Lloyd Kaufman Sing ‘Who Can I Turn To?” - June 26, 2017
- Cast Of The CW’s ‘Black Lightning’ Talks Season One - June 26, 2017