Branching out from their usual offerings of Pops and vinyl figures, Funko came out of left field today and announced a pretty spiffy-looking Portal Gun toy from Rick and Morty. Count me as surprised, this is a cool step for them. I already reviewed their Rick and Morty action figure line, but role-play type items were not something I saw coming from them. And it looks pretty cool! From Funko:
Wubba lubba dub dub!
Finally, you can travel between galaxies!
Brand new from Funko, introducing a Rick & Morty Portal Gun!
Pull the trigger and watch this toy gun emit a variety of lights and noises!
This full-size roleplay Portal Gun is primarily used for travel,
but don’t be afraid to use it offensively or defensively to avoid your enemies.
The fact that it includes lights and sounds is also unexpected. I used to have blaster and space pistols like these when I was a kid, so this will be a welcome addition to my toy shelf. I must say, they are handling this license pretty well! The pull has to be there for them to just bombard us with everything under the sun, but they haven’t done that. And the audience is there for sure; they could slap a R&M sticker on just about anything and people will buy it. But we are only two waves deep into the Pops! So, I like that they are being more selective and out of the box with their support of the show.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to open actual portals to other dimensions with this thing. But if nothing else, your Rick Sanchez cosplay will be complete. This should be going up for preorder soon, and will be hitting store shelves pretty much wherever Funko is sold sometime in November.
- Rick And Morty Invade 'Move Or Die' With New Cameo Pack
- Mysterious Rick And Morty Live Stream Event Set For June 29th
- We've Hit The Apex, Morty! A 'Rick And Morty' Version Of Clue Is Coming
- Funko's New Rick And Morty Figures Get Schwifty
- 'Rick And Morty' VR Developers Owlchemy Labs Acquired By Google
- Nintendo & McDonald's Pair Up Again For New Happy Meal Toys
- Holy Crap, Morty. We're Getting Schwifty In 'GTAV,' Whatever That Is.
- Rick And Morty Light A Fire Under Internets Butts: Szechuan Sauce To Return?
- Netflix And Nielsen Are Still Not Friends, As Streaming Numbers Will Be Reported By New Service - October 18, 2017
- Stan Lee MCU Cameos Get Their Own Funko Pops - October 18, 2017
- Coco Continues To Look Gorgeous In New Clip - October 18, 2017
- LeBron James And Gabrielle Union Team Up For New Sitcom White Dave - October 18, 2017
- Justice League Carried On The Back of The Flash In New Poster - October 18, 2017