Olaf’s Frozen Adventure trailer gives us a sneak peak at Olaf (voice of Josh Gad) in what will be a 21-minute featurette Olaf’s Frozen Adventure which opens in front of Coco.
It’s the first holiday season since the gates reopened and Anna (voice of Kristen Bell) and Elsa (voice of Idina Menzel) host a celebration for all of Arendelle. When the townspeople unexpectedly leave early to enjoy their individual holiday customs, the sisters realize they have no family traditions of their own. So, Olaf sets out to comb the kingdom to bring home the best traditions and save this first Christmas for his friends.
Olaf’s Frozen Adventure will open in US theatres in front of Disney/Pixar’s Coco beginning November 22. This may also be the same special set to run on ABC this winter.
“I’m thrilled that Disney Animation’s featurette ‘Olaf’s Frozen Adventure’ will be coming to theaters in November with Pixar’s ‘Coco,’” said John Lasseter, chief creative officer, Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios. “It’s a perfect pairing – they’re both beautiful, heartfelt films about families and how people carry traditions forward. I can’t wait for audiences to get to see both of these terrific projects together on the big screen.”
Featuring four new original songs, the 21-minute featurette welcomes the original cast and characters back to the big screen, including Olaf (voice of Josh Gad), who is on a mission to harness the best holiday traditions for Anna (voice of Kristen Bell), Elsa (voice of Idina Menzel) and Kristoff (voice of Jonathan Groff). Directed by Emmy®-winning filmmakers Kevin Deters and Stevie Wermers-Skelton (“Prep & Landing”), produced by Oscar® winner Roy Conli (“Big Hero 6”), with original songs by Elyssa Samsel and Kate Anderson (“Between the Lines”), “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure” will be in theaters for a limited time beginning Nov. 22.
“Stevie and I were deeply honored to be entrusted by John [Lasseter] to create an all-new story with these characters we love,” said Deters. “We’re thrilled to have our film play on the big screen with ‘Coco’ during the holidays.”
“We loved getting in the recording booth with these incredible actors who know their characters inside and out,” added Wermers-Skelton. “We can’t wait for audiences to see the featurette, enjoy their performances, and hear the incredible new songs written by Elyssa and Kate.”
“Olaf’s Frozen Adventure” celebrates characters who won over audiences worldwide when “Frozen” first hit the big screen in 2013. Earning more than $1.27 billion globally, the film won two Academy Awards® (best animated film and best original song with “Let It Go”) and a Golden Globe® (best animated feature film). Slated for November 2019, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ untitled feature-length follow-up to the hit film reunites filmmakers Jennifer Lee, Chris Buck and Peter Del Vecho with the Grammy®- and Oscar®-winning songwriting duo Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez.
- A Frozen 2017 Comics Annual In September From Joe Books
- Epcot To Offer "Frozen Ever After Dessert Party" Package So Your Kids Can Spend More Of Your Money
- Disney Announces A Release Date For 'Frozen 2'
- Zootopia Promo Reveals Some Easter Eggs
- New Ongoing Frozen Comic Launches In July
- Disney in Talks to Reboot the Pirates of the Caribbean Franchise - October 23, 2018
- Joker: Dante Pereira-Olson Cast as Young Bruce Wayne and Douglas Hodge Cast as Alfred Pennyworth - October 23, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Episode 2: Preview, Summary, and 7 Images - October 23, 2018
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix Cancels Marvel’s Luke Cage After 2 Seasons - October 19, 2018