Fox is making sure that at least some actors impacted by recent series cancellations won’t be on the unemployment rolls for too long. The upcoming supernatural drama, The Passage, has tapped six of it’s cast, including show lead Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Pitch, Saved by the Bell, Truth Be Told). Also announced castings are Saniyya Sidney (American Horror Story), Genesis Rodriguez (Time After Time), Brianne Howey (The Exorcist), BJ Britt (Behind Enemy Lines) and Jennifer Ferrin (Time After Time).
Based on author Justin Cronin’s fantasy series made up of The Passage, The Twelve, and The City of Mirrors, Marcos Siega will be directing and Liz Heldens has penned the adaptation.
The story will be told along two parallel timelines, the present, and through flashbacks following 10-year old Amy Bellafonte (Sidney) and her experiences with the rise of terrifying monsters called virals which had started off as humans. Fox describes the series as:
An epic, character-driven thriller that morphs into a post-apocalyptic odyssey
So after a fashion it sounds like another go at a Walking Dead-style storyline, and it comes as no surprise that it will be shooting its pilot in Atlanta (home of TWD’s production).
- Is Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Teasing An X-Men: Dark Phoenix Role?
- Lying In The Gutters - 25th June 2017 - Making A Splash With Marvel's Bosses
- The X-Files Origins: Dog Days Of Summer #1 Review: Mini Mulder And Scully Are Just Getting Started
- 'Futurama: Worlds Of Tomorrow' Gets A Release Date For This Month
- Raina Telgemeier Wins McDuffie Kids' Comics Award, Holds Oprah-Style Comic Giveaway
- Incredibles 2 Review: 14 Years Later and Feeling Just as Fresh - June 15, 2018
- ‘Hotel Artemis’ Review: An Epic Cast Trapped in a Mediocre Script - June 8, 2018
- Exclusive Clip from Affairs of State: This is Insane! - June 8, 2018
- Phoenix Comic Fest Convention Center Evacuated in Response to Fire Alarm - May 26, 2018
- Celebrating the Life and Legacy of the Grandfather of Movie Poster Design, Bill Gold - May 24, 2018