Baby Driver is looking like one of the sleeper hits of the summer. It is also approaching storytelling in a way we haven’t seen before. The thing that is coming out these next trailers and TV spots is that this a movie where the soundtrack is a character. Director and writer Edgar Wright talked about the soundtrack to Entertainment Weekly.
“I always wanted to do an action movie that was powered by music,” Wright told EW. “It’s something that’s very much a part of my previous films and I thought of this idea of how to take that a stage further by having a character who listens to music the entire time.”
Guardians of the Galaxy really helped bring home the idea that a great soundtrack can really add a lot to a movie. It can elevate everything to another level and it looks like Wright is going that direction with Baby Driver.
Summary: After being coerced into working for a crime boss, a young getaway driver finds himself taking part in a heist doomed to fail.
Baby Driver will be directed by Edgar Wright and Ansel Elgort, Lily James, Jon Hamm, Kevin Spacey, Jamie Foxx, Eiza González, and Jon Bernthal.
- Falling Through The Chords Of The 'Hue' Soundtrack By Alkis Livathinos
- 'Baby Driver' Reviewed: An Awesome Ride Featuring A Killer Soundtrack And Memorable Cast
- How Edgar Wright Leaving 'Ant-Man' Lead To 'Baby Driver'
- New Character Posters For 'Baby Driver'
- New TV Spot For Edgar Wright's Baby Driver
- Mile 22 Review: A Genuine Waste of Iko Uwais’s Talents - August 16, 2018
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018