We live in a world where quite a few people are really excited about an Aquaman movie. A character that was once the butt of every single DC superhero joke now has a lot of people excited. Some of that might have something to do with the cast. One of those roles that is going to be interesting is Nicole Kidman as Queen Atlanna. She likely won’t have a very large role which so it seems odd that that they would cast such a big star but that comes down to director James Wan. Kidman talked to Deadline about acting and how she decides on roles.
“Well, James Wan is Australian, and he’s a friend of mine,” Kidman said. “I think he’s going to make an amazing movie. We’ve always circled each other, so when he came to me, I was like, ‘James, I’ll do anything for you.’ When he said ‘female warrior from the sea’ who wears mother-of-pearl, I went, ‘Yes. Female warrior from the sea. Me like.’”
An interesting little nugget of information that we haven’t heard yet is that when asked about the role Kidman says “if they can work out the scheduling.” That appears to cast a little doubt as to whether or not the role could happen. However, Kidman is an actress that is in love with the craft of acting and she seems to like the idea behind Queen Atlanna. If they can make the schedule work there is no doubt Kidman would be happy to play the role.
Summary: Arthur Curry learns that he is the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, and must step forward to lead his people and to be a hero to the world.
Aquaman will be directed by James Wan and stars Jason Mamoa, Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, Patrick Wilson, and Willem Defoe. It will be released December 21, 2018.
- Rebirth Recap: Aquaman
- Now British Comic Stores To Get DC Comics' Aquaman #25, Superman #25 And Harley Quinn #22 Late
- Aquaman #24 Review- But Why Is Atlantis Making Biblical References? Oh, It's Good By The Way
- 'Aquaman' Will Take Place After 'Justice League'
- Watch Stjepan Sejic Move The Needle Underwater On Aquaman #25
- New Images Of The Costumes For Cyborg, The Flash, Aquaman, And Wonder Woman
- Director J.A. Bayona and Composer Michael Giacchino Talk the Score for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - June 16, 2018
- Benicio del Toro Wants to Return as the Collector and Work with the Grandmaster - June 16, 2018
- Sicario: Day of the Soldado Talks Bringing Emily Blunt Back for a 3rd Movie - June 16, 2018
- Ant-Man and the Wasp Star Michelle Pfeiffer Was “Pleasantly Surprised” by the First Movie - June 16, 2018
- Incredibles 2 is a Force to be Reckoned with as it Brings in $71.6M on Friday - June 16, 2018