There are still 90’s nostalgia out there that hasn’t been mined for our money yet but we can cross one more off of the list. We already have a reboot of Duck Tales on the way (with am all star cast) but now IndieWire has learned that an Animaniacs reboot is in early development. The site says that Steven Spielberg, Amblin TV and of course Warner Bros. are all involved with the project. The show has receieved something of a second wave since arriving on Netflix and considering how much success reboots of 90’s nostalgia have (more or less) had it isn’t that surprising that this is the next one.
“Animaniacs” ran for 99 episodes – from 1993 to 1995 on Fox Kids, before moving to Kids’ WB from 1995 to 1998. It also spawned the primetime spinoff “Pinky and the Brain,” which aired on The WB.
At the moment there isn’t any production start date, cast, or even where the show would air bit IndieWire seems confident that their source is correct that the project is in development. Animaniacs won eight Daytime Emmy Awards and a Peabody Award.
- Animaniacs Reboot Just Got A 2 Season Series Order At Hulu
- Did Tom Holland Just Reveal the Title to the Spider-Man: Homecoming Sequel? - June 23, 2018
- Todd Mcfarlane Says the Production for Spawn Will Be Very Low Key - June 23, 2018
- Amber Heard Wanted a Comic-Accurate Version of Mera in Aquaman - June 22, 2018
- New Trailer for the Upcoming Thriller ‘Searching’ - June 22, 2018
- New Ant-Man and The Wasp Featurette, Plus a New TV Spot - June 22, 2018