There are still 90’s nostalgia out there that hasn’t been mined for our money yet but we can cross one more off of the list. We already have a reboot of Duck Tales on the way (with am all star cast) but now IndieWire has learned that an Animaniacs reboot is in early development. The site says that Steven Spielberg, Amblin TV and of course Warner Bros. are all involved with the project. The show has receieved something of a second wave since arriving on Netflix and considering how much success reboots of 90’s nostalgia have (more or less) had it isn’t that surprising that this is the next one.
“Animaniacs” ran for 99 episodes – from 1993 to 1995 on Fox Kids, before moving to Kids’ WB from 1995 to 1998. It also spawned the primetime spinoff “Pinky and the Brain,” which aired on The WB.
At the moment there isn’t any production start date, cast, or even where the show would air bit IndieWire seems confident that their source is correct that the project is in development. Animaniacs won eight Daytime Emmy Awards and a Peabody Award.
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: 5 TV Spots and 2 Featurettes - October 16, 2018
- Lionsgate Releases the Final Poster for Robin Hood - October 16, 2018
- New Featurette for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teases Why Everyone is in Paris - October 16, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018