Spooky Doorway’s The Darkside Detective is a point and click adventure in which Detective McQueen and Officer Dooley investigate the most bizarre and obscure cases and discover the answers to Twin Lakes City’s greatest paranormal mysteries. The game is obviously full of 90s pop culture references, silly humour and a soundtrack by Ben Prunty who worked on FTL and Into The Breach.
Between the game’s pixelated throwback style, irreverent humor, and charm, well it is definitely a game you don’t want to miss. The latest trailer gives us both the game’s release date and the following description:
Where cultists crawl, where demons dwell, where the occult… occults? *ahem* That’s where you’ll find Detective Francis McQueen, lead investigator (of two) of the criminally underfunded Darkside Division. When evil darkens the doorsteps of Twin Lakes City – hell, even when it just loiters around shop fronts or hangs out in shady alleyways – he’s there, ready to investigate the cases that nobody else will.
He is The Darkside Detective.
The Darkside Detective is a micro-adventure game with a distinct art style and charm. It’s being developed for PC & Mac, and consists of a series of humorous bite-size investigations into the occult and extraordinary.
The Darkside Detective features:
- 6 cases, each more spooky than the last
- music from Ben Prunty, the audiomancer behind gems such as FTL, Gravity Ghost and Into the Breach
- cutting edge, high definition pixels
- one free curse-removal, up to and including mid-level witch
So really, how could you not want to play this?
The Darkside Detective will release for PC, Mac, and Linux on July 27th. The release date trailer is below.
- King’s Knight: Wrath Of The Dark Dragon - September 8, 2017
- Did We Really Need Far Cry 5? - September 8, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Doesn’t Feel Like An Assassin’s Creed Game - September 8, 2017
- Dishonored 2: Death Of The Outsider At PAX West - September 8, 2017
- The Evil Within 2 Might Just Have Been The Best Game Demo Ever - September 8, 2017