It’s the age of the reboot and that means we’re getting another Charlie’s Angels. According to Variety it’s going to be directed by Elizabeth Banks. Banks is also going to produce the movie with her husband Max Handelman. Doug Miro and Carlo Bernard are on board to rewrite the script, according to Tracking Board, who also say that Janelle Monae is a leading candidate for one of the starring roles. As Bleeding Cool reported in 2015, Sony and Banks have been talking about this project for some time.
The original Charlie’s Angels premiered in 1976 and lasted five seasons. There was a movie in 2000 that grossed $264 million and a sequel in 2003 that earned $259 million.
This reboot has a release date of June 7, 2019. Sony pictures also announced dates for The Nightingale for August 10, 2019 and an untitled Sony Animation project for July 24, 2020.
- Charlie's Angels Reboot Gains Sir Patrick Stewart as Bosley
- First Look Photo Of Elizabeth Bank's Rita Repulsa Debuts
- Elizabeth Banks To Direct Charlie's Angels Reboot
- Elizabeth Banks To Direct Pitch Perfect Sequel; Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson Likely To Return
- Daredevil Season 3: First Poster Teases Darkness - September 19, 2018
- New Behind-the-Scenes Featurette for Bad Times at the El Royale - September 15, 2018
- Longtime James Bond Writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade Have Turned in a Script Treatment for Bond 25 - September 15, 2018
- New IMAX Poster for Venom Features Exclusive Art - September 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World Filmmakers Tease the Final Goodbyes - September 14, 2018