It’s the age of the reboot and that means we’re getting another Charlie’s Angels. According to Variety it’s going to be directed by Elizabeth Banks. Banks is also going to produce the movie with her husband Max Handelman. Doug Miro and Carlo Bernard are on board to rewrite the script, according to Tracking Board, who also say that Janelle Monae is a leading candidate for one of the starring roles. As Bleeding Cool reported in 2015, Sony and Banks have been talking about this project for some time.
The original Charlie’s Angels premiered in 1976 and lasted five seasons. There was a movie in 2000 that grossed $264 million and a sequel in 2003 that earned $259 million.
This reboot has a release date of June 7, 2019. Sony pictures also announced dates for The Nightingale for August 10, 2019 and an untitled Sony Animation project for July 24, 2020.
- First Look Photo Of Elizabeth Bank's Rita Repulsa Debuts
- Elizabeth Banks To Direct Charlie's Angels Reboot
- Elizabeth Banks To Direct Pitch Perfect Sequel; Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson Likely To Return
- Did Tom Holland Just Reveal the Title to the Spider-Man Sequel? - June 23, 2018
- Todd Mcfarlane Says the Production for Spawn Will Be Very Low Key - June 23, 2018
- Amber Heard Wanted a Comic-Accurate Version of Mera in Aquaman - June 22, 2018
- New Trailer for the Upcoming Thriller ‘Searching’ - June 22, 2018
- New Ant-Man and The Wasp Featurette, Plus a New TV Spot - June 22, 2018