It’s the age of the reboot and that means we’re getting another Charlie’s Angels. According to Variety it’s going to be directed by Elizabeth Banks. Banks is also going to produce the movie with her husband Max Handelman. Doug Miro and Carlo Bernard are on board to rewrite the script, according to Tracking Board, who also say that Janelle Monae is a leading candidate for one of the starring roles. As Bleeding Cool reported in 2015, Sony and Banks have been talking about this project for some time.
The original Charlie’s Angels premiered in 1976 and lasted five seasons. There was a movie in 2000 that grossed $264 million and a sequel in 2003 that earned $259 million.
This reboot has a release date of June 7, 2019. Sony pictures also announced dates for The Nightingale for August 10, 2019 and an untitled Sony Animation project for July 24, 2020.
- First Look Photo Of Elizabeth Bank's Rita Repulsa Debuts
- Elizabeth Banks To Direct Charlie's Angels Reboot
- Elizabeth Banks To Direct Pitch Perfect Sequel; Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson Likely To Return
- Black Panther Composer Did Extensive Research, Scored the 4-Hour First Cut of the Movie - February 23, 2018
- Roxane Gay Offers to Write the Batgirl Movie, and Warner Bros. Seems Interested - February 23, 2018
- A Wrinkle in Time Gets a Trippy New Poster, Plus a Behind-the-Scenes Featurette - February 23, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Addresses Why [SPOILER] Wasn’t in Black Panther - February 23, 2018
- This New Promo for Legion Season 2 is Terrifying - February 23, 2018