For a lot of people, Kevin Smith’s first film Clerks was groundbreaking. A simple film that took place mostly in a convenience store, shot in black and white and paid for with credit cards. It’s still celebrated to this day. But a lot of the cast went on to live normal, non-acting lives. Lisa Spoonauer was one of those.
Clerks and the Gabe Torres film Bartender were her only two film credits. She voiced her character Caitlin Bree in the 2000-2002 Clerks: The Animated Series, but other wise she left acting after failing to get a part in a Nic Cage movie.
According to her Clerks co-star, Brian O’Halloran, Spoonhauer passed away on Saturday, May 20th. No cause of death was given. She was briefly married to another Clerks co-star, Jeff Anderson, and is survived by her husband Tom and daughter Mia.
Here is the post O’Halloran made for his friend and co-star.
Kevin Smith added:
- Allman Brothers Band Co-Founder Gregg Allman Dies At 69
- In Memory Of Clerks' Actress Lisa Spoonauer, Please Donate To The Patient Advocate Foundation
- Kevin Smith TV Show Directing Tour Comes To "The Goldbergs" For Burton Batman Episode
- Buckaroo Banzai Copyright Scuffle Fallout: Kevin Smith's Involvement Has Been Ionized
- Kevin Smith Shares Clerks Budget
- Social Media Responds To Kevin Smith's Tusk And The Announcement Of Clerks 3
- Los Angeles Rams Cut Tyrunn Walker Amid Sexual Assault Accusations - June 23, 2017
- Marvel’s TL;DR Tackles The Little Known Origin Of Spider-Man - June 23, 2017
- Amy Chu Takes Red Sonja On A Buddy Road Trip - June 23, 2017
- Comic Artist Tommy Castillo Has Passed Away - June 23, 2017
- Rip Hunter Vs The Legends Of Tomorrow Round 2 – Beverly Hills Cop Style - June 23, 2017