The fans of the beloved Dark Tower books by Stephen King have been waiting for a movie to come along and capture the magic of the series. While we’re still two and a half months away from finding out of this upcoming movie with Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey is going to be any good the marketing has finally kicked in. We got a trailer, some new posters, and Empire has a new image and interview with Elba. When asked about his character Roland and how the man could “Dirty Harry and Blondie a run for their money.”
“He has a ridiculous amount of skill,” Elba says. “I did a lot of preparation on gun handling and mechanics. That aspect is definitely not ignored.”
The thing that gave the first book its heart was the relationship that Roland (Idris Elba) develops with a young man from Earth named Jake (Tom Taylor) but Elba assures that that relationship remains intact in this movie adaptation.
“The relationship is the central heartbeat,” says Elba. “The worlds are huge and weird, and it’s a lot to take in if you haven’t got anything to bite onto.”
Summary: The Gunslinger, Roland Deschain, roams an Old West-like landscape where “the world has moved on” in pursuit of the man in black. Also searching for the fabled Dark Tower, in the hopes that reaching it will preserve his dying world.
The Dark Tower will be released on August 4, 2017.
- 'The Dark Tower' Gets A New Poster And Two Teasers
- The Legacy Of The Gunslinger: New Dark Tower Featurette
- Three TV Spots For 'The Dark Tower' Show Off Some New Footage
- Tomb Raider Review: The Physicality is Impressive but the Story is Lackluster - March 16, 2018
- Lashana Lynch in Final Talks to Join Captain Marvel - March 16, 2018
- DeWanda Wise Exits Captain Marvel Due to Scheduling Conflicts - March 15, 2018
- Danny Boyle Confirms He’s Working on Bond 25 - March 15, 2018
- [#SXSW 2018] The Director and the Jedi Review: A Fascinating and Joyous Documentary About Star Wars - March 12, 2018