On the 11th of May, Bleeding Cool ran the story about there being a hail-hydra.com domain name that redirected to the White House website. We would later be the first to interview the domain name owner and explore where it had redirected to over the years.
On the 12th of May, the US Government received a trademark registration application for “Hail Hydra” from Marvel Characters, the legal owner of thousands of Marvel trademarks for Marvel Comics and Disney.
Thay are claiming it for “downloadable electronic publications in the nature of comic books, comic magazines and stories in illustrated form, comic books; printed periodicals in the field of comic book stories and artwork, entertainment services, namely, providing online non-downloadable comic books and graphic novels”
I bet that would include domain names as well. Of course, in order to keep a trademark, you must demonstrate use.
So expect Marvel to keep Hail Hydra-ing for the foreseeable future…
- After Chelsea Cain and Chuck Wendig – Will Comic Creators Unionize? - October 18, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 18th October 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018