Now that the Gwent Challenger tournament is over, and the closed beta test has ended, CD Projekt Red are bringing forth the public open beta test for their Witcher III spinoff.
“Public Beta is the next step in the game’s development process, one that we’d be honored to continue alongside everyone who’s been with us thus far,” said Benjamin Lee, Development Director at CD Projekt Red. “It’s also a chance for many new gamers to play GWENT for the first time and we’re looking forward to making the game even better with their help,” added Lee.
You can watch the Public Beta overview live on CD Projekt Red’s official Twitch channel. The stream will begin today (May 17) at 9 pm CEST – or 3 pm ET/12 pm PT.
Gwent’s Public Beta is a fresh start for everyone, closed beta testers included. Card collections and player progress will reset to ensure gamers begin on equal footing. Everyone who participated in the Closed Beta will receive Card Kegs, as well as other in-game rewards for their activity, but other than that, they’ll start out the same as everyone else. If you’d like to know just what you’re getting for participating in the closed beta, more information is available here. I had a decent amount of fun with the closed beta, and I’m sure it’ll be a pretty similar experience in the Public beta, but this time PS4 players can join in on the fun.
The switch from Closed to Public Beta will entail a short technical transition period starting May 22. Until the start of Public Beta on May 24, game servers will be offline for maintenance. During this time, Gwent’s Facebook and Twitter pages will provide updates on the game’s status.
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018