First announced at Emerald City Comic Con, the new ongoing series Redlands, created by Jordie Bellaire and Vanesa R. del Rey will launch this August. And add to the amount of colour-titled series currently published by Image Comics, including Redneck, Black Cloud, Black Magick, Copperhead, Black Science, Rose, Green Valley and Black Monday Murders.
“Redlands is my sick, weird love letter to Stephen King, Florida and Riot Grrrls everywhere but ultimately, hate mail for everything else,” said Bellaire. “Inspired by the strange complexities of real world politics and crime, the characters of Redlands play victim and villain, attempting to understand themselves and others, through murder, magic and mayhem.”
Redlands introduces readers to the sleepy, sunny town of Redlands, Florida where the police are failing to maintain control of their old-fashioned community and a coven of killer witches plan to take everything from them.
Del Rey added: “The world of Redlands was brewed in darkness, it is murky waters, it is a gloomy day in the humidity of the mangroves. There is ferocity in this land, it is savagery that goes deep noir. The stories that develop in this world are as intricate as the etched lines that depict them.”
Redlands #1 will hit stores on Wednesday, August 9th. The final order cutoff deadline for retailers is Monday, July 17th.
- Redlands #1 Review: The End Is The Beginning For Modern Horror Series
- Jordie Bellaire And Vanesa Del Rey's Redlands Rushed Back To Print On Day Of Release
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018