Titan editor, David Leach, has shared the tragic news. He writes,
Edmund Bagwell R.I.P
Very sad to hear of the death of Edmund Bagwell at the age of 50. He was a genuinely fantastic artist with a wonderfully original style. His work mostly graced the pages of 2000AD. I can’t say I knew him well. I first met him back in the glory days of Marvel UK and always enjoyed his company, he had an exceedingly dry sense of humour and a style of drawing I found utterly intoxicating, I came very close to working with him on a project, but sadly it was not to be. He will be sorely missed.
My thoughts are with his family who have asked for donations to be made on his behalf to pancreatic cancer charities.
I read Bagwell’s work when I was younger, in comics such as Revolver, later in 2000AD with The Ten-Seconders and Cradlegrave. I also had the pleasure to work with Bagwell on a comic I still hold close to my heart, Chase Variant for Mam Tor’s Event Horizon, later collected and reprinted by Image Comics.
I threw everything but the kitchen sink at him and he threw it back in beautiful detail and humour – with the kitchen sink added just for luck.
He was an incredible talent. Which makes his death at such a young age even more tragic. I’ll be making a donation to Pancreatic Cancer UK later today.
- So… What Happens To Teen Titans In September? - May 29, 2017
- A Final 51 Shots Of Phoenix Comicon Cosplay From Sunday… - May 29, 2017
- Free Marvel Graphic Novels On Kindle When You Buy Anyone’s Graphic Novels In Print - May 29, 2017
- Milo Manara Designs Bus Tickets For Rome And You Know Exactly What They Will Look Like - May 29, 2017
- The Fox News Phoenix Comic Con Security Story – Before The Arrest - May 29, 2017