Earlier this month it was reported that fan favorite family sitcom Roseanne was returning for some type of revival with the original cast. The announcement was met with lots of chatter, mostly from fans asking the question “which Becky though?”.
Today Deadline confirmed that Roseanne has gotten an eight-episode reboot order from ABC. Original cast Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), John Goodman (Dan), Sara Gilbert (Darlene), Laurie Metcalf (Jackie), Michael Fishman (D.J.) and Lecy Goranson (Becky) are currently all slated to return to the family. Sarah Chalke (who played Becky later in the first series) will also appear in the revival, but in another role.
“The Conners’ joys and struggles are as relevant – and hilarious – today as they were then, and there’s really no one better to comment on our modern America than Roseanne,” said ABC Entertainment chief Channing Dungey.
Roseanne is set to hit sometime in 2018 during the mid-season (summer?) schedule.
- ABC Teases 'The Conners' with "What's Next" Video
- Let's Talk About ABC's 'Roseanne' Revival, Season 10 Premiere
- Watch: 'Roseanne' Revival on ABC Opening Credits
- Watch: New Trailer For Roseanne Revival
- Oh, So That's How ABC's Roseanne Series Is Going To Resurrect John Goodman's Dead Character
- Games Workshop Celebrates 500th Store Opening: Free Swag, Limited Edition Minis - October 19, 2018
- Richard E. Grant asked JJ Abrams to Pinch Him Because ‘Star Wars’ - October 19, 2018
- Tony Winner Matthew Broderick Joins ABC’s ‘The Conners’ - October 19, 2018
- Some Details Emerge for ‘Miss Fisher & The Crypt of Tears’ Film - October 19, 2018
- The ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Soundtrack is Available TODAY - October 19, 2018