Earlier this month it was reported that fan favorite family sitcom Roseanne was returning for some type of revival with the original cast. The announcement was met with lots of chatter, mostly from fans asking the question “which Becky though?”.
Today Deadline confirmed that Roseanne has gotten an eight-episode reboot order from ABC. Original cast Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), John Goodman (Dan), Sara Gilbert (Darlene), Laurie Metcalf (Jackie), Michael Fishman (D.J.) and Lecy Goranson (Becky) are currently all slated to return to the family. Sarah Chalke (who played Becky later in the first series) will also appear in the revival, but in another role.
“The Conners’ joys and struggles are as relevant – and hilarious – today as they were then, and there’s really no one better to comment on our modern America than Roseanne,” said ABC Entertainment chief Channing Dungey.
Roseanne is set to hit sometime in 2018 during the mid-season (summer?) schedule.
- ABC Teases 'The Conners' with "What's Next" Video
- Let's Talk About ABC's 'Roseanne' Revival, Season 10 Premiere
- Watch: 'Roseanne' Revival on ABC Opening Credits
- Watch: New Trailer For Roseanne Revival
- Oh, So That's How ABC's Roseanne Series Is Going To Resurrect John Goodman's Dead Character
- Writer Jay Basu Added to ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Film - December 18, 2018
- George Takei Boards Season 2 of AMC’s ‘The Terror’ - December 18, 2018
- Joel Harlow Talks ‘Hellboy’ Makeup, Getting Mike Mignola’s Approval - December 18, 2018
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’: Number One, Captain Pike More Than Shipmates? - December 18, 2018
- Disney+ Period Piece ‘Lady and The Tramp’ Will Have Real Dogs - December 18, 2018