Zac Efron is mostly known for his comedic roles but he plans on taking on something much heavier according to Variety. Efron will star in the independent drama known as Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile based around the life of infamous serial killer Ted Bundy. Efron will be playing Bundy in the movie directed by Joe Berlinger and written by Michael Werwie
The movie won’t be from Bundy’s point of view but from the POV of his girlfriend Liz. The two had an infamously dysfunctional relationship and the movie looks to explore that and how notoriously charming Bundy was.
“I have been trying to work with Zac Efron for a long time,” said producer Nicolas Chartier. “From his dramatic turn in ‘Paperboy’ to his hilarious performance in ‘Neighbors,’ he continues to impress audiences and critics alike with his extraordinary versatility and range. We couldn’t be more excited to see him in this amazing role.”
Principal production is set to begin in October with no release date. Efron’s next project is the comedy Baywatch will be released on May 25, 2017.
- Daredevil Season 3: Peter Halpin Joins the Cast as Theo Nelson - October 18, 2018
- Watch Our Heroes Do Some Training in This New Robin Hood Clip - October 18, 2018
- Sophie Turner Talks Incorporating Mental Illness into Dark Phoenix - October 18, 2018
- Joshua Bassett Set to Star in High School Musical: The Musical for the Disney Streaming Service - October 17, 2018
- Arrowverse Crossover Elseworlds: First Look at Lois Lane, Black Suited Superman, and a Poster - October 17, 2018