Zac Efron is mostly known for his comedic roles but he plans on taking on something much heavier according to Variety. Efron will star in the independent drama known as Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile based around the life of infamous serial killer Ted Bundy. Efron will be playing Bundy in the movie directed by Joe Berlinger and written by Michael Werwie
The movie won’t be from Bundy’s point of view but from the POV of his girlfriend Liz. The two had an infamously dysfunctional relationship and the movie looks to explore that and how notoriously charming Bundy was.
“I have been trying to work with Zac Efron for a long time,” said producer Nicolas Chartier. “From his dramatic turn in ‘Paperboy’ to his hilarious performance in ‘Neighbors,’ he continues to impress audiences and critics alike with his extraordinary versatility and range. We couldn’t be more excited to see him in this amazing role.”
Principal production is set to begin in October with no release date. Efron’s next project is the comedy Baywatch will be released on May 25, 2017.
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: A New Promo and 17 New Cast and Promo Pictures - December 13, 2018
- Meet Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in This New Clip - December 13, 2018